1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Little Liquid Luck; A Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Riley, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

A Little Liquid Luck; Mord's Challenge #1

Summary: What if an addiction Felix Felicitis fueled (insert character)'s ambition? To what length would that person go for another vial? What would the consequences be? (Didn't see this, and I thought it would be interesting) Rules: Oh and no rules except the standards; you know: good spelling, correct grammar and the rest.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Enh, the whole Felix Felic addicition has been done I'm afraid.

3. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

Do you have any link's please, I can not find any.

4. Riley

Yeah, I couldn't find it anywhere.

5. ancientdragon14

ancientdragon14 Backtraced

Now that you're back please post some links, Darius. I actually want to read this.

6. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

Hmm . . . sounds like a rediculously boring read. Why the fuck do I want to read about a drug addict going to extreme lengths to get another fix?

On the other hand . . . as guilty-pleasure one-shot, the idea of a character constantly using felix felicus to get whatever they wanted and achieving all of their goals would be okay.

Maybe have Dumbledore decide that he doesn't trust fate, so he just gives Harry a crate full of little 1-hour vials of the stuff, and instructions not to use more than one vial a day, lest he poison himself and drop dead.

7. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

A whole flask of Felix lasts for 24 hours, IIRC.

I don't think the potion itself is supposed to be addicting, just the constant luck. Not that different from addiction to being high, I suppose.

What really could make this tale interesting however, are the increasingly reckless things our character will attempt.

All you need to get some Felix Feliscis is to be a competent potions brewer, and have access to ingredients. Not really an issue if you're under its influence, is it? You will just get lucky, and you will start to depend on your luck. Which probably won't have pleasant consequences in the long run.

8. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

From the words of the prophets:

I'm thinking that anything defined as a "bottle" as opposed to a "vial" or "flask", even if it is "miniscule", is going to be at least the size of the average fist. Anyway, IIRC, harry's "mouthful" was just enough for one to three hours. A "mouthful" is actually quite a lot of liquid, IMO.

Maybe a manipulative!Dumbledore uses the Felicis as a means of keeping Harry on a leash, or something? I don't know. The original idea is just too limited and I'm just not seeing any potential for much of a story to come out of it.

9. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This plot bunny could be adapted into any story in many different ways - Neville gets a taste for Felix and takes too much in a rapid succession, becoming extremely over-confident and intoxicated. It doesn't exactly have the zeal expected of a major plot point, but it could be something that works for a certain character.

As for a major plot point: Harry takes Felix Filicis expecting to have a very lucky night out with his girlfriend Pansy Parkinson (just throwing a name out really) and ends up killing her. Little did he know that she had been planning his murder all along - Felix saves his life but he's sentenced to be kissed by a Dementor and he doesn't try to save himself because he feels he murdered her.

10. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Fuck so no link on the felix? wtf is that about. So I am guessing there is like 1 out there and no one but Garus has read it, suspicious.

Why would HP let a dementor near him? thats like his worst fear.

11. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

Well, he did just kill his girlfriend so obviously he is looking for someone new to snog. As to the dangers of Felix, I think it quite clear that even one dose is dangerous enough. I mean it is the reason Harry ended up with Ginny, and if that isn't a negative side effect then I don't know what is.

12. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Umm, Darius was never forthcoming on the links, so everyone who asked is still... waiting.

13. Riley

Wow, a two year necropost that resulted in nothing. Way to waste my time.