1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Personal Matter by Orodruin - T - Naruto / Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: A Personal Matter
    Author: Orodruin
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 26
    Words: 168,585
    Summary: Two missions with drastic consequences. Worlds connect, destinies unravel, and nothing will ever be the same. HPNTO crossover like you've never seen! Set pre series Harry Potter and Kakashi Gaiden Naruto.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3777014/1/A_Personal_Matter

The only good Naruto/HP crossover out there. Basically, James picks Kakashi's father to protect Lily (under disguise as James) while he goes on a mission. During this time, he is forced to have sex with Lily, and she conceives Harry with him...

This is set before Halloween 1981, and during the time before/during the 4th Hokage was still alive.

Part 2: Sphere of Influence (complete)
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4313529/1/Sphere_of_Influence
    DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=11586&highlight=4313529

Part 3: Extending the Boundaries (work in progress)
    Link: www.fanfiction.net/s/6534243/1/Extending_the_Boundaries
    DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=478267&highlight=6534243#post478267

Checked June 3, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
  2. Slasher

Slasher Squib

High Score:
    I feel as though this fanfiction is of average qualitiy. It was intresting enough for me. On top of that the writing style was fine and i failed to spot any major errors.

Although you migh not want to take my word for it as anything remotly intresting can get me to overlook any flaws.

I have yet to read the continuations and i doubt i will as i said it was intresting, but i didn't really like the plot.

3. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I mean, the trouble with reviewing fics from over eight years ago is that they rarely age well. I remember enjoying this story quite a bit when I read it at the time, but I was also 10 when I orginally found it- so my tastes have changed dramatically, and Im not as forgiving as I was back then.

I think after a certain point it doesnt really make sense to review stories like this, because there's really little that can be said at this point about a story that ended three years ago.

4. Slasher

Slasher Squib

High Score:
    Sorry i was just looking at stories that needed attention and paid no mind to the date. In the future i'll make sure not to make the same mistake.
    Yeah it was kind of a epic fail on my part to not notice the date

5. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

Cheers, mate, brought it to my notice. I'd never read it before. It's a good story, the technical writing's average, the plot-y stuff is dated, and Kakashi and Minato's dynamic was a wtf thing for me, but it's well-written overall. Guilty-pleasure level. The characterizations are good, and the story does seem to flow. The bad is the atrocious length of Kakashi being a brat. More good than bad, despite being dated.

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The best one of the bunch is probably the third one, but it's the one that isn't complete yet. In the first one Harry himself is too young to be much of a protagonist and the story is carried by events and characters around him. The second one takes place mostly in the HPverse and while it's good I feel that the story was strangled a bit by the limited setting of Hogwarts.

The third one though has a Sp.Jonin Harry with a student dealing with magic in Konoha, and I can't wait to see where it goes. It's the best bits of the first two stories together, imo.

Necro reviews in library threads, even really old library threads, are fine. But make sure you leave a specific, decent review. Not a review that could be copy/pasted into any thread because it's so generic and doesn't mention anything about the story other than that you liked it or didn't like it. So Slasher... do better next time, but don't be scared to necro a library thread if you have something substantial to say.

7. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I try not to call out necros, because activity on the forum is always good- I just feel like there's been a lot of posts in really old story threads recently that amount to "I didnt like it". Not that Slasher's post was really like that, I just feel like no one's really commented on that recent trend.

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Some of it is happening behind the scenes.