1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A plot bunny i thought of - An intrensting mentor for harry.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Sepanto, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

I have a charcter, which i want to be Harry's mentor. A little background first, as you may know, people who have lost sight in one of their eyes report that over time they start seeing in only 2 dimensions. Albert(Mentor's name), Has bread humanoids with 3 eyes, and after a few years he has kept them under his control, he used legimency to pry out of their minds what is the 4th dimension, and now possessess under his belt the ability to control and manipulate the 4th dimension.

I have yet to decide how Exactly will he do it, and WHAT is the 4th the deminsion, also i have yet to figure out how to make him mentor harry (one possibility is : The input was too much for his brain, and he was beginning to develope a stroke, when Lily saved him, and as such he owes her bloodline a life debt, which he repays by mentoring harry).

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

3 eyes wouldn't give you insight into 4th dimension. Eyes are just for receiving light and transfering data to brain, who then forms 2d or quazi 3d image, depending on how much data it is given. There are animals with hundreds of eyes (flies) and they don't see 100 dimensions.

3. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

You don't really know that. All my thesis is based on is the fact that no eyes-no dimensions, one eye-2 dimensions, 2 eyes-3 dimensions.
    Until you are a fly, you don't know how a fly sees.

4. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

soooooo watching 5 webcams which show the same thing in different angles allow me to see into the 6th dimension??? :O_O:

5. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

No, but perhaps if we, in an artifical way connected 5 webcams into a person's brain, and his brain would not collapse under the pressure of analyzing so many signals, he may actually see into 6th dimension.