1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Scotsman In Egypt - T - Medieval 2: Total War

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kraken, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Kraken

Kraken Sixth Year

Title: A Scotsman In Egypt
    Author: Jerusalem
    Rating: T
    Genre: Lets Play
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms
    Summary: (Taken from TVTropes) The year is 1080. Europe is slowly emerging from the grip of the Dark Ages, but two Scottish princes are only just emerging from the grips of their hangovers. Edward and Edmund Canmore have awoken to find themselves leading an army to Egypt in an act of drunken daring, and follow through on the idea, seizing the city of Alexandria, waging war on the armies of Egypt, and setting the stage to rewrite history, one angry, drunken, kilt-wearing brawl at a time.

The story of A Scotsman in Egypt covers nearly two centuries of war and intrigue surrounding the Canmore clan (Starting with Edward and Edmund, but then moving to their sons Domnall, Nectan, and Aodh, and ending with Domnall's son Kirk and daughter Joan Canmore) as they fight their way across Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, using guile, trickery, massive armies, copious amounts of alcohol and sheer Scottish stubbornness to forge the mightiest empire in history, while defeating the ambitions of rival empires, rebellion and intrigue within their own ranks, and the invading hordes of the Mongols and Timurids.

Link: http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Scotsman/
    TVTropes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/AScotsmanInEgypt

I should first warn you that this may not appeal to a lot of readers. The style is very different from anything I've seen before and may take a while to get used to. However, having said that, once I got into the gist of the story, I absolutely loved it.

A familiarity with Medieval 2 definitely helps understand some sections, but overall it still is easily comprehensible. Near the end, the story does tend to drag on but the ending makes it worth it. Overall I'd rate this 5/5.

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

"YE'RE NAE EDWARD CANMORE!"

Rollicking good read. Sunk days into it yonks ago. The same guy did a GTA: San Andreas LP/novelization which is worth a read, too.