1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, May 3, 2009.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I'm always happy to help.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I suspect we have several more eps of magic, full-continent winters, undead, and dragons vs dragons. The wall hasn't even been breached yet.

They've basically said that if it comes down to dragons and dothraki vs army of men, Dany wins hands down. So unless both remaining dragons get wiped out in the next episode, I don't think we'll be seeing any more traditional "battles" for the throne. Cersei is either going to git stabbed by Jaime in the season finale for attempting some crazyballs scheme, or she'll do what she said she would do, bide her time until the end of the series and Dany/Dragons/JonSnow/whatever are dead, and then attempt a crazyballs scheme to wrest power from whoever/whatever is left standing after they defeats the magic baddies, upon which the Jaime-stabbing will commence. Either way, S8 probably going to be mostly about magicky stuff.

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Four arrested for leaking Episode Four - seemingly unrelated to the hacker and most recent leak. And if anything the ongoing piracy is helping build attention on GoT, but I doubt that'll fly as a defense at their trial.

4. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I know there's always been rumors that they deliberately leak things to cause hype, but that'd be a pretty weak defense in court, even if there was proof.

5. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I thought Arya was supposed to be the smart one. How do you have the ability to switch your face out and pretend to be someone else and then you go snooping around wearing your own face? Like don't you have a face of a serving girl from house Frey? Right now they are creating conflict of annoys me. Easily avoidable shit that's solvable by not doing dumb shit. All she has to do is open her mouth and ask Sansa questions and maybe she'd consider she's being played by Littlefinger.

As for the recent leaked episode. Pretty nice. Undead dragon should be interesting. I'm going to make an assumption that they are going to ignore the magic on the wall and just have the Night King fly over it, freeze Eastwatch and let the dead through.

The conservation with Tyrion that Dany needs to pick an heir convinces me she's gonna die next season. Destined to die sacrificing herself for the land she dreamed of all her life. Jon best talk to Bran next episode. I don't see the point of dragging it out any longer. Dany finds out Jon is her nephew. That excites her incestuous loins. Boom. Jon becomes heir.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
  7. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    That is a really well done video. Really captures the struggles and defining moments of his life.

8. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pity the file is almost impossible to find. Would be really great to have it.

Achem.

9. Feanor

Feanor Third Year

Night King should enter the Olympic javelin throw, holy shit.

Will be interesting to see the undead dragon in action.

Also, if they just need to kill Night King to destroy the whole army, things just got exponentially easier

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Pm me with your google drive email. I have the HD flv file with good audio.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  11. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Jesus Fucking Christ an Undead Dragon! That is all. Carry on.

12. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Soooooo Arya 0.o, apparently she forgot to take her meds. I'm a fan of Arya but that was some Hannibal Lecter shit right there. I don't even like her much and I felt really bad about how scared she was. She dealt with Ramsay fucking Bolton and I thought she was about to shit her robes with how terrified she was of Arya.

13. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

So anyone else thought that the Night King could have just killed the Dragon that everyone was climbing on? Seems to be easier hitting the on the ground and unmoving dragon rather then the flying one? Seems rather silly of him to do that...

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Two flimsy excuses:

A) Drogon is supposed to be fucking massive compared to the other two dragons, something they've downplayed a little in the show. He might have been able to deflect or get hit by one of the ice lances and 'walk it off' as it were.

B) Viserion and Rhaegal were doing most of the damage. As Viserion was coming back round for another pass, it looked like he was headed in NK's direction. Had NK not hit Vis, he prolly would have gotten roasted.

15. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wouldn't call those flimsy excuses. Drogon wasn't an easy target, he had his back to the NK. Viseryon was flying full tilt towards him.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Plus, if you want to kill all the dragons it makes sense to kill the mobile ones first. Because Drogon was grounded it would take him longer to escape

17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just watched Ep6. Awesome. I liked everything about it. If there's one thing I would nitpick, it would be that NK's Spear Throw has a long-ass cooldown, because it took him forever to even get around to grabbing the second one, which btw I don't understand why he was handling them like they were some rare gear. I refuse to accept that the dude who raises dragons from death can't simply magick up more of those spear-swords. Their armor seems to be ice/magic too, given that it fell apart when Jon halved the Walker in the earlier skirmish (unless I saw it wrong). Maybe it takes time to make them tho. My guess is the chains at the end were also forged of NK's very own brand of ice, cause where the hell would he have gotten them? Can't see the dead hauling giant chains along just in case.

Wow, that was a pointless tangent.

I liked the reactions after Viserion went down. Everyone must have been like "fuck yeah dragonzz" and then "holy shit, NK can OHK dragons, just graduated to Elite Boss".

Dany talking to Jon on the boat was like "I believe now" - X-files theme plays. Nice tender moment, even if Emilia still had difficulties wrangling her face into some kind of solemnity-based expression. Also the episode was the final confirmation for those of us (read: me) who were absolutely shit at picking up all those unsubtle romantic undertones that were apparently obvious to everyone else.

I've missed the Hound. He brings levity to the show in a way no one else can quite match. "Brienne of Tarth? We've met."

I even liked Arya's psycho episode. A little reminder that she was training with a guild of magic assassins, not a merry band of rascals.

Anyone else heard the Benny Hill theme in your head when Discount Christian Bale was running?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Spoil tag that shizzle, scott. Episode technically hasn't aired and lots of people are waiting.

Also, discount christian bale is best christian bale.

19. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So...I watched the first season of GOT awhile back (like shortly after it came out) and while I enjoyed it found it a struggle to continue watching what with the death of Ned Stark. The continued rumors/spoilers of deaths I heard made it sound like a show not worth watching save for continued shock factor.

However, now with it seeming to be wrapping up;, I am considering watching the series now that the fantasy elements seem to be a great deal stronger.

My question is this...is it worth it? I know I will get numerous responses to this but wanting opinions of DLP.

20. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Why would the death of Ned Stark cause you to stop watching? Seems too small of a reason, tbh.

But, yes, you should watch the show. It's quite good.