1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin WARNING SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, May 3, 2009.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

You know nothing.

2. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Well, neither does Ygritte anymore.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rose Leslie is perfection personified and I will shoot anyone who disagrees in the balls with a crossbow.

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Death Eater

For once Jon Snow does know something.

After all, he decided to lock that shit down.

I do find it great that those two are getting married irl.

5. Celestin

Celestin Master of Death

Last year around that time the whole 7th season was spoiled. This year they either improved their security or got more lucky with people who have access to the scripts because there is very little information about 8th season and nothing that can be certain.

Few things that are confirmed is that Sapochnik is directing two episodes, 3th and 5th, and I doubt D&D aren't using him for the big battles of the season. At least one of them is going to be a siege of a castle.

The series will return in early 2019 once again giving GRRM a little more time to at least publish TWOW before it ends.

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    What's the point of this, I wonder? It's well known that the show has diverged rather heavily from the books when it comes to some plots and characters, and delaying for a year is only going to blueball fans of the show. I get respecting the original author and fans of the books because the books are OG - to a point. Where do you draw the line with a writer who's been missing every deadline on TWOW for 6 years?

If this delay is for production or HBO programming reasons, fine. But if it's a concession to GRRM, then I'm a little frowny.

7. Celestin

Celestin Master of Death

It's how long the production will take. Giving GRRM more time probably isn't their intention at all.

8. Celestin

Celestin Master of Death

‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Moves Ahead at HBO With Pilot Order.

Of all the possibilities they decided to go with the weirdest one in my opinion. Sure, going with the original Long Night and how the people of that time become later legends could be fun, especially when it's actually GRRM who is working on it making it a canon, but other than Starks and the White Walkers there aren't going to be many familiar elements for the casual GoT viewers to recognize making it almost a completely new setting.

9. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    The show has finished filming.

I'm sad. No S9 forthcoming in 2020. Not that I was holding out hope. And we still have a fucking year to go to see Jon pwn the Night King.