1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, May 3, 2009.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Taure re: Winterfell crypts

There was a snippet in the S8 trailer of Arya running away from something chasing her, and as far as I know, the trailer dissection people place Arya running either in the crypts or close to them. The teaser was also the Starks in the crypts, and the crypts are in the opening credits sequence for S8. Something will definitely happen with the dead Starks.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You forget that he has a dragon.
    Too stupid, or just don't give a shit. They know they're going to win. They're not a regular army, they care not for casualties.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Because Sapochnik is D&D go-to guy for the battles and he directs episode 3 and 5, I doubt it's going to continue in the episode 4. More likely episode 3 will end with the living escaping Winterfell and going to regroup either on the Iron Islands, suggested by Yara, or on the Dragonstone, suggested by fans because of one scene in a teaser.

My prediction is that the episode 4 will have Cersei finally realize that she can't win alone and contact the rest. Jon and Dany will disagree about joining her after her earlier lies and finally argue which one is the leader of this army.

The episode 5 will have Jon and his half of the army fighting in the King's Landing. Dany and her dragons will be the cavalry arriving when everything is lost. Maybe sacrificing herself to give Jon opportunity to finish the Night King? After his defeat, there will be a final betrayal that will put Cersei against Jon/Dany.

The episode 6 will most likely be just an outcome of the battle rather than the last scenes of it and the epilogue.

EDIT:

By the way, if the episode is as dark as the preview, and I don't mean the atmosphere, the battle will barely be visible.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  4. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The final villain of the series will be an undead Ned Stark in episode 6.

The series ends with him saying: “One does not simply win the game of thrones.”

5. Celestin

I expected at least one character to fight an undead version of someone they were close with before it's all over, but I'm not sure who that could be.

6. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I'm thinking it would be pretty sweet if Cersei gets turned and Jamie puts her down, fulfilling the prophecy.

7. Gurukid

Gurukid Third Year

With no head?

Anyway, I know it takes quite a while for bones to decompose, but you would think most of the graves down there are empty, or nearly so.

Edit: Would be interesting to see what happens if Drogon dies. It’s said a dragon only ever has one rider, so would Rhaegal choose his “mother” or the Targaryen he’s already bonded with? Would be pretty satisfying to see Dany’s reaction when even her child betrays her.

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Also, you might think that the Night King would be perhaps somewhat hesitant to resurrect Bran the Builder. You don't mess with the Age of Heroes... who knows what you might wake up.

Speaking of, another prediction for the end: Bran becomes the second Bran the Builder, raising the wall once more.

9. Celestin

I have my doubts about the prequel series, but it's probably the only chance we will get to compare the real version of the Age of Heroes with the later myths.

Because we have yet to get any confirmed leaks about the next episode, my predictions about their fates before the spoilers are out:

Tyrion Lannister 100/0 - definitely survives. He needs to finally do something in this season and it's not going to be in this battle.
    Jaime Lannister 50/50 - could finish his arc sacrificing himself for Starks there, but I predict he will do it later and be the one to kill Cersei.
    Daenerys Targaryen 100/0 - there are scenes in the teaser that weren't in the show yet. She's safe.
    Jon Snow 100/0 - the same.
    Sansa Stark & Arya Stark 75/25 - both have unfinished matters with Cersei, but it's been a while since a Stark was in a real danger.
    Davos Seaworth 80/20 - probably safe.
    Missandei & Grey Worm 25/75 - I would say either one is in a danger after this episode.
    Theon Greyjoy 20/80 - unless they're aiming at Theon/Sansa ending, it's as a good ending for him.
    Samwell Tarly 90/10 - probably safe. Someone needs to write the book called Song of Ice and Fire.
    Bran Stark 50/50 - without him living don't have any chance, but it would be a good twist.
    Brienne of Tarth 40/60 - after this episode, I would say it's more likely she's not going to survive, especially if Jaime does.
    Varys 50/50 - depending if they have any plans for him or he's just a loose end.
    Sandor "The Hound" Clegane 90/10 - I'm convince he will have a big fight with his brother.
    Tormund Giantsbane 65/35 - he's needed to represent the Freefolk once they move south, but it doesn't make him safe.
    Gendry 25/75 - an easy target now.
    Jorah Mormont 5/95 - there were unconfirmed rumours about this happening before this season even started and everything points out that this is his last stand.
    Gilly 95/5 - probably safe.
    Beric Dondarrion & Eddison Tollett 0/100 - either or both.
    Podrick Payne 50/50 - depends on Brienne's fate. If she's going to survive, he doesn't.
    Yohn Royce 70/30 - Sansa needs someone to command, but they may want to rise a body count.
    Lyanna Mormont 95/5 - rather safe.

10. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Fun with predictions
    Bran = dead - the symmetry of losing him to defeat the Night King is too tasty
    Brienne = dead - her arc is done, except for impressing everyone who criticized her
    Tormund = dead, epically
    Beric = dead, finally
    Lyanna Mormont = dead
    Theon = dead
    Arya = alive; odds are she's carrying the next Baratheon. My wife also has a theory that Arya might be the one to put down Cersei using Jaime's face, which means...
    Jaime = dead
    Gendry = dead
    Samwell = alive; he's the new 'memory', not to mention the avatar of GRRM. Wouldn't be surprised to see George as 'old age Samwell' penning the Song of Ice and Fire at the Citadel
    Hound loses to Mountain, who dies anyway, probably from fire
    I don't get why everyone thinks Varys will die here
    We haven't heard from Melisandre for a while, and she has a doom to fulfill probably in the King's Landing battle

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  11. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Here's the full version of the song, if anyone wants to hear it again. Love me some Florence.

12. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

It's also on spotify - already added to my themed playlist.

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    I'll just leave this here.

link

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought Ep2 was fine as non-event episodes go. The writing still leaves a lot to be desired, but it was still loads better than S8 premiere.

Also, ForgeSex felt a little skeevy. At the start of the show, that booty was eleven years old.

15. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Literally every woman you ever jerked it to was once 11-years-old.

She's not 11-years-old now.

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    There's an argument to be made here, seeing Maise Williams as a little kid and now in a sex scene. The ick factor is there for some people.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My fairly obvious counter is that I did not watch those women grow up. You do you though, Taure. Fap away.

18. Marsupial

Marsupial Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Arya and Gendry last saw each other in the show what, 8 years ago? And then Arya waltzes in, does her sociopath impression, chucks some knives at a post, and goes 'hey, let's fuck!' It's not the first pointless sex scene in GoT by a long shot, but it was definitely another fine example of the breed. I'm more annoyed that it just seemed like fan-service wankery than anything else. Pointless sex for its own sake is fine; pointless sex as a gimme for the fandom is bullshit.

And despite Theon saving Sansa, I felt like somebody should've called him out for sacking Winterfell before he got off completely scot-free. Seems like the sort of thing Lyanna Mormont would be good for.

Obvious crypt foreshadowing was obvious.

Brienne getting knighted was great, as was pretty much everything Jaimie was involved in for this episode. I didn't think it was necessarily a bad episode, but it's kind of annoying that they've spent the first third of the final season on setup. There's so much stuff to wrap up that I'm not sure they could realistically have done much else though.

I'm holding out hope for Pyrrhic victory for the living at Winterfell, meanwhile the Night King is ice-dragoning Cersei and getting himself a brand-new Golden Company for the army of the dead. Slightly curious if the Mountain already counts as dead, or if he's just mostly dead.

19. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

So, if the Night King goes for King’s landing Cersei is gonna be his Night Qween, right? We already saw that he can turn babies into White Walkers back in like season 3. Nothing says he can’t turn an adult into one.

20. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

1. Dany: Jaime, you murdered my father, personally fought the Starks on several occasions, and didn't even show up with the promised Lannister army. Any particularly reason why we shouldn't just kill you now?

Brienne: I'll vouch for him! He was nice to me, which totally makes up for all that other shit he does.

Dany: Good enough for me. Unless anyone else can think of something bad he did that should be acknowledged and punished?

Bran: *Bran stare*

2. Grey Worm: When this is over, let's go to Naath and live together in the lovely beaches!

Missandei: Yeah, one of us is totally going to die next episode.

3. Dany: So I'm still keeping Tyrion Hand, because he's totally a smart guy.

Sansa: Is he though? He's never actually had a good idea since you made him Hand. The only way I can tell anyone thinks he's actually smart is because we keep saying it. Would it be really be that hard to actually show and not tell him being smart?

4. Samwell: I know the big battle is about to start and we might all die soon, but did you tell Dany about R+L=J yet? You totally should!

Jon: Hm? Sorry Sam, I was just distracted by Ghost in the background. I'm legitimately surprised we're still bothering with any direwolves at this point. I just hope they manage to show him in the big fight.

5. Gendry: So this woman put leeches on my genitals and apparently wanted to kill me. It was kind of traumatic for me, not that we'll ever actually acknowledge that of course.

Arya: That's nice, let's have sex.

Gendry: Wait, what?!? Aren't you like 14 or something?

Arya: I'm actually 22 in real life, and I guess I'm 18 in the show now. Just roll with it, this is still better than that one scene in my Winds of Winter chapter with Raff the Sweetling. So come on, smash me with that Baratheon hammer!

6. Tyrion: So, anyone up for some smalltalk?

Jaime: Oh, hell no! I saw those bullshit scenes of you smalltalking in Meereen. It's just a black hole of emptiness. We have to do stuff to avoid it! Brienne, kneel so I can knight you! Pod, sing a surprisingly sweet song! Tormund, say some stupid shit! Anything but Tyrion smalltalking!

7. Dany: Ah, so this statue is Lyanna Stark. I heard she was kidnapped and raped by my brother Rhaegar. What a total asshole, right?

Jon: Actually, the show is trying to convince us Rhaegar abandoning his wife and children, marrying a teenager he ran away with, and giving his son the same name as the son he abandoned earlier is totally a romantic thing. Oh, and I'm now first in the line of succession.

Dany: Seriously? Ignoring the fact you're telling me this literally moments before the big battle, it seems awfully convenient the only actually proof you have of this stupidity is your BFF that hates me for killing his asshole father and a brother that doesn't really get the real world anymore anyway. And aren't you forgetting I'm the one with the large army loyal to me, and you just barely have the North, which at this point is more loyal to Sansa than you. Oh, and there's the little matter of the White Walkers threatening to kill us both in a few minutes anyway!

Jon: So, I'm sleeping on the couch for a week?