1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, May 3, 2009.

1. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Well the first thirty minutes or so were great. Everything turned into a garbage fire the moment Dany died, so I'm just gonna pretend she didn't.

Ahem.

Yaaaaaaaaas qweeen slay

2. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

This.

I mean, watching them try to write Jon rationalizing the slaughter of three million people was pretty fucking special, I’ve gotta say.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So Jaime reverting to a love that made him shame his family, kill his kind and generally act shitty for the majority of his life isn't developed?

Cersei's character downfall was based on her arrogant, madly confident front being broken down in the face of certain and unstoppable death. That's more of a fitting end than a Ramsay-esque death.

4. Tsar

Tsar Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Huh? What has that got to do with the general point that the writing this season was markedly worse than the show at its best. Everything, well most things, that happened this season could be done better while still keeping every plot point the same.

5. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I mean, they literally got the "Rocks fall, Everyone Dies" treatment. Personally, I was expecting and really hoping for Jaime to be the one to kill her. That would have nicely rounded out both character arcs, instead of reverting him back on all his growth just to kill him with his sister.

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First place for best acting this episode goes to a CGI dragon.

Second place goes to a CGI wolf.

8. Raigan123

Raigan123 Banned

I thank the seven that I stopped watching after the season 6 premiere. I have to admit though, it has been amusing to watch the fireworks. In hindsight it was the right decision.

DnD said they wanted to subvert expectations. Since my expectation was that everything past season 5 would be terrible, consider them met and surpassed.

Also, the ending makes no sense and is total shit.

9. Ceadmon

Ceadmon Squib

Can someone please tell me why they all just agreed to Tyrion saying that Bran should be the King.

Also why is the North just independent now?

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Because episode has only that many minutes.

Because Sansa.

And I'm not even joking. It happened because the writers wanted it happen at that moment, but there is no setup for either of these thing to be as easy as presented.

If that's how the books end, we have an answer why GRRM can't finish them. Getting to a point where these two things can be possible, especially the independent North with the rest of the Kingdoms under the Melted Throne, is going to take a lot of weakening of the Great Houses not named Stark.

11. Shadow Shaman

Shadow Shaman Third Year

I still don't understand why the Lords decided to elect a guy thought to be dead for years and does nothing but give creepy stares.

Sam as grandmaester makes zero sense? He is having a child and doesn't even have a chain yet. I thought that grandmaester was the only position on the small council who the ruler could not appoint.
    --- Post automerged ---
    WTF happened in Dorne that the Prince just willingly accepts authority of Bran? Same with Yara. They both should have declared independence.

12. Celestin

Additionally, how exactly Jon survived when the army discovered what he did? Even assuming that Grey Worm stopped his men for some mysterious reason, and his command would be enough for them, Dothraki would be anything but peaceful about it.

Then again maybe they were too busy fighting with each other for the fight to lead the rest?

EDIT:
    This shoot was a little familiar, but they really didn't have a budged for a new one in their last episode?

EDIT2:
    Joke is on me, I suppose, because while the scenes are similar, they aren't identical as the link tries to suggests.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  13. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Lmao all leaks were 100% correct, i've literally read Drogon picking up Dany's dead body and flying off in a shitty fanfic. Jesus that was bad.

14. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus Christ

[​IMG]

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

16. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not rushed at all.

17. Mestre

Mestre Professor

18. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

When Tyrion was talking about Bran learning to fly all I could think about is whether anyone had explained to the new Prince of Dorne what the fuck that actually meant. He just strolled in right at the epilogue and had to pretend he had any idea what was going on. Poor guy probably never even got to see a dragon.

19. Celestin

Edmure and Robin probably needed some explanations too.

If I were to predict in the future, I would say that the Six Kingdoms aren't going to be six for much longer. First Sansa is going to marry Robert Arryn and join Vale with the North. She already has a lot influence over its lords after the war and he's one of few people that are a right match for her at the moment and only one she can manipulate without even trying.

Next to leave will be the Iron Islands, something that Yara already was aiming for in her fist meeting with Dany, and Dorne because there is no reason for them to no declare independence when the North did.

I suppose Sansa could try convince Yara into some sort of alliance afterwards to secure herself from their raids.

I'm unsure about Riverlands and Stormlands.

Edmure is probably too weak to declare his independence, but could be influenced by Sansa to join her kingdoms as family, maybe by additionally marrying their children.

Gendry needs someone to support his rule now that Dany is not around and Sansa is too far away. He needs Bran and Tyrion's support and isn't going to leave their alliance.

The same goes for Bronn with the Reach. No way he get to keep it without Tyrion backing him up.

In the end, if we got the ninth season, it would probably be about Tyrion and Sansa fighting political battles to get as many Kingdoms under their control as possible.

20. Imperial

Imperial Second Year

So the Dothraki horde went off back to Essos with the Unsullied instead of sticking around the war-torn Westeros for that sweet all-you-can-rape-and-pillage buffet?

And no one sees the problem with more of the Six Kingdoms rising up in rebellion when they decide they don't like the North only getting such a sweet gig?

And there doesn't seem to be any sort of check in place in the event Bran's successor decides to do away with the voting-in system and returns to a ruling royal family of succession?

And what weight does the Night's Watch carry when Jon can turn around and head south into the independent North, which has no reason to obey Bran's laws?

And the Night's Watch are at the rebuilt Wall protecting the North from what exactly?