1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Aatrox

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Krogan, May 9, 2013.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want the shit out of Aatrox, he and his abilities look unbelievably awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  2. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

He looks pretty cool, but top is my least favorite role to play. I'm a bit wary of the health cost for abilities, but it depends on exactly how damaging the cost is.

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

4. Krogan

High Score:
    Im sure as hell not the best player around but to me the crazy life gain he gets from his abilities should easily compensate for the costs. I hardly ever buy champions straight off but I think Aatrox might end up being number three on that list after Varus and Darius for me.

Edit: Sorry >.<, my leg is wrecked right now so Im on a lot of pain killers. Thanks Bill.

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Seems odd we get another health based champion (ability cost wise) and a death based passive right after Zac, his art looks good though I can't help but think Galio basically got ripped and then proceeded to remove Eternium Nocturne's spine.

Seems like a good jungler depending on numbers mind you, although the design just seems a tad stale following on from Zac. Minor complaint though.

6. Krogan

High Score:
    I know quality players look down on people who play Dom for the most part but I love it and Aatrox looks like he'd be forty seven kinds of fun to screw around with in Dom.

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I've never touched Dominion or Twisted Treeline though I can see why people would find them fun, personally not my kind of game-mode with a game like LoL but yeah, his kit does seem like it'd be fun on Dominion given what's available there.

8. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I dislike Dominion because it removes so many aspects of the game that I find important. I think, if anything, it promotes teamwork at higher levels, but there's no arguing that individual mechanical skills are left by the wayside. Map-awareness (in the sense of 'when is the jungler getting here to gank me, what is happening in other lanes and should i roam or push) and last-hitting have next to no presence.

I think that he sounds, conceptually, like a counterpart to vlad. I didn't read his lore. Depending on his damage output, he could make a very strong mid. His line nuke seems to have some decent range and with a low CD or high enough damage, could be a pretty potent farming tool in mid similar to Zed. I really hope they make mid more mage-oriented and kick these ADs back to top. I want to know how much range he gains from his ult.

9. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

I wonder if he'll be played top as a split pusher similar to Rengar/Tryndamere

10. Krogan

High Score:
    That's a perfectly fair assumption to make but to me personally I find it unbelievably thrilling when some little fuckwits try taking one of our towers in Dom and I can either defend long range with Varus/Brand or if Im feeling incredibly vindictive I can just play Darius and just flat wreck some fucking faces.

11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Last-hitting and Map Awareness have a god damn huge presence for bot lane. That's basically playing top lane SR right there except you have no wards, 2 guaranteed ways to get ganked, and the entire enemy team could eb coming to destroy you at any moment they aren't on the screen.

As for this new champ. Yeah, running Life Steal Quints on him top. And most likely going 5 pots + rejuv bead + wards. Looks like Xin without mana and that's how I'm gonna try playing him. Love playing dive assassins.

12. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

But nearly the entire screen is revealed, not getting last hits doesn't have nearly as much of a consequence, and tldr dominion fucking sucks.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hmm, while I admit that I don't really focus on cs, when I occasionally do Dominion, the creeps are worth a fair bit, at 30/60 amounts. Also, what you can't see in Dominion is actually rather significant, as people are constantly moving through said area.

Ignoring Evelynn just running in the lanes themselves, that is. I mostly played Evelynn before, but now I also run Quinn to great effect. Movespeed on Dominion is even more important than on SR, so Quinn's ult really shines.

14. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Only the edges of the map are revealed. Over 70% of the map is covered in fog. Good players use the Fog paths between spawn and the jungle to sneak in. They also use the speed shrines, fog, and brush to maneuver instead of stupidly walking into the exposed zones.

The only player that should realistically be revealed for more than 75% the game in a non-fog area is bot lane and only if they themselves aren't abusing the relic fog and brush. If you're sitting on point out in the open without a huge minion wave/enemy team coming, you're basically doing something wrong.

And yes, getting last hits is pretty damn huge. It's 120 gold per wave, which lets you go top and snowball with a 2-3k gold advantage. Especially on characters like Ryze who want as much early farm as possible to become late-game monsters.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  15. Krogan

High Score:
    Alright so I've been reading the lore they've released for Aatrox and he ties into an awful lot of things in very interesting ways. They've basically said without saying that Aatrox is the one who led the massacre of Tryndameres tribe and just by showing up he inspired a sort of psychotic bloodlust in the attackers. He's also alluded to in the history of pretty much every faction around but no one seems to know his motivations or purpose beyond apparently helping whoever is losing a battle.

I wonder if they'll do one of those hidden Easter egg events between Aatrox and Tryndamere like they do with Rhengar/Kha'Zix or Ashe/Sejuani.

16. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

They shooped him into Jax's background on the official site, which made people speculate about his presence in Darius and Hecarim's pictures as well. Anything has a spiky helmet? It's now Aatrox.