1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Q4 2019 Story Competition is kicking off!

Prompt:
    Foreign Magical Regions (Setting outside of Britain)
    Get writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice

Actual Headline:Save the planet, eat a vegan

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Jun 4, 2007.

1. Garret P.I.

Garret P.I. Backtraced

Okay, sometimes it's hard to really express what British Sacrastic-Humor (It being a subclass of the overall humor shared amongst the general pool of mankind, and occasionally cryptic as hell) is all about.

I ran into this article and thought it was worth sharing. Though I must complain while doing so. I was hoping for an article rife with dark hints of cannibalism and justifications for shooting and dressing your local vegans for the succulent protean they pack in their carcases...and here I find that the Times has pulled a bait and switch on me.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/jeremy_clarkson/article1874673.ece

Damn you!... where's the cannibalism?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  2. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

Too complicated, and eating vegans would accomplish basically the same end result... I think there's one a few houses down... anyone experienced with eating people and know a good topping or dressing? I'm thinking thousand-island.

3. Warlocke

Warlocke Prisoner

Protean? Sounds like you want to get Mad Cow Disease but I'm pretty sure it would be difficult for a vegan to get it in the first place, what with the not eating meat and all.

Gotta watch out for those prions and proteans.

4. Garret P.I.

Garret P.I. Backtraced

God DAMN it .. Protein... Shit! I can't believe I made such a stupid spelling error and didn't catch it.

As to what sort of sauce or topping should be used... I'd recommend either a spicy smoky Bar B Que sauce... or a honey glaze with cinnamon and nutmeg (like the honey backed ham company uses)

It's called "long pork" for a reason... and since it's all vegetable fed, it's likely prime.

5. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Thousand Island's for fish, isn't it? I'd stick with raw, or you could dip them in vodka first.