1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Advent Against Time by matdeception - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Shezza, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Title: Advent Against Time
    Author: matdeception
    Rating: M
    Category: Drama/Adventure
    Pairing: Naruto/Fem!Itachi
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4312436/1/Advent_Against_Time
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 36,906
    Updated: April 14, 2009
    Published: June 9, 2008

Summary: An obsession born from guilt, a cursed child just trying to make the best of eternity, and an Uchiha surprise... sounds like a story if you ask me.

This is a story I got of the "Shifting Time" community on FF.Net. It features a dimension-hopping!Naruto with a sort of similar background as to Reloaded. The plot is more interesting than I had previously though, the characterisation is surprisingly fun and Naruto gets caught ravishing "Ita's" hot sexy arse in a broom closet.

I'll give it a 5/5 and let you decide the rest.

Checked: June 7, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ...link Shezza?

3. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Oh thank you google for providing Linkage

4. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

...oops. Thanks Psychotic Cat. I always forget the damn link. If a mod or admin could shove it in, I'd be grateful.

5. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Definately something to look at and even though it has a small amount written it has a lot of potential.

6. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

The author has a hard time focusing on a single story, and has a couple different 'Advent' stories out focusing on Naruto in different timelines that he ends up in after his eventual death(s). It's interesting because no single story is a repeat of the others, but at the same time as the author can't focus worth shit, it will be a long time before any of his Advent stories end up finished.

Also, more of the authors Advent works beyond Advent of Hell (which starts everything) and Advent Agianst Time can be found at TFF. Here are some links to them.

Advent of Boredom.

Summary: Naruto ends up awakening at the Valley of the End, and kills Sasuke in the process. Unfortunately, this creates a series of events that make Tsunade aware of events, including Sakura's offer of walking out of the Leaf with Sasuke, resulting in some very fucked up things.

Sidenote; some people may enjoy this one, but I didn't. =/

A fucked up Advent CH 1

A fucked up Advent chapter 2

Summary: Some things are not meant to be eaten, "Cursed Tootsie Rolls" among them. More crackish than serious, though still amusing.

Sidenote; very crackish, but also very amusing as well.

Advent of Hentai

Advent of Hentai 2

Summary: Uchiha Mikoto, Naruto, Shotacon. What more needs be said. :p

Pursuing Happiness.

Pursuing Happiness 2

Summary: Kyuubi and Naruto challenge eachother from time to time, and this is one of Kyuubi's challenges.

Sidenote; Kyuubi is not touchy feely, and does not call Naruto 'kit', but does accept that it is stuck with the meatbag known as Naruto and the accursed loops. That said, I still don't totally like the Kyuubi's characterization here. Beyond that though, it's good.

7. Sferics

Sferics Second Year

I liked the story and was entertained, but his attention to individual stories wanes so quickly that I won't be holding my breath for the next chapter.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. Lhefriel_Medies

Lhefriel_Medies Fifth Year

The plot felt uninteresting to me; it was mildly entertaining, but not engaging. The prose was acceptable, although a bit annoying at times. Such as when the Hokage asked about crack, which felt a bit anachronistic. While it certainly wasn't bad, it, in my honest opinion, doesn't have much to recommend it either.

3/5, accounting for my tastes. Probably either a 1 or 2 otherwise.

9. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

I enjoyed this fic very much save the very latest chapter. We have Uchiha Ita, shinobi extraordinaire equal in skill to her dimensional counterpart Itachi and all-round badass. Then all of a sudden she's a fucking bleeding emo pussy because of some family problems and village politics.

Besides that though it has been good, I'm not sure if it deserves 4/5 but I enjoyed the femItachi and I do look forward to more.

10. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

She equals Itachi in skill, but she's not as emotionally detached [having a friend, getting angry at being molested by a 7 year old, nervousness throughout the last chapter...]. What you call 'family problems' are attempted murder and rape, and the village politics could have determined her fate.

Anyway, I didn't see her as an emo pussy even after all that...

11. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I find all of matdeception's advents pretty damn enjoyable.

That said - there's no way in hell any of them will be completed. As far as I can tell, he's not writing a story - he's writing a few chapters with as far as I can tell, no ending in sight.

I can handle that.

4/5

12. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I don' get it, sure he adds a lot of lesbianism and such, but in all honesty its a pretty boring ass story. It looses focuse more than once, and he has a hard time concentrating on what the plot should be, also I don't get the whole liking Sasuke thing, it just doesn't seem to have any explanation behind it.

Over all its a complete failure, I am not normally too harsh but it looked like he just wanted to make a lemon without the graphics, its pretty annoying.

But seriously I love the Mikito ONE!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  13. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

I only gave it 3 stars because the summary totally killed all interest for me.

14. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

I think the Mikoto one is utterly stupid. I mean, so he's got some weird power?

Pursuing Happiness and Advent Against Time are the best. Naruto's maturity level is a little sickening, but here and there are some really nice touches. I like the idea that Naruto's Kage Bunshin can summon themselves and are sentient. As a Sakura fan, I like Pursuing Happiness though I'm just really hoping these will get continued.

I'm not much of a fan of The Ultimate Antidote, but there are people waiting for that to continue.

15. FantasyDuck

FantasyDuck Second Year

There is something very creepy about these fics, but despite of that they entertaining to say at least.

This guy is insane.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  16. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Indeed. I really want to see that next chap of Advent against time. I mean I want to see his reaction and some shit go down. XD

17. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I have to say the Pursuit of Happiness was a lot better and way more mature.

18. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Sorry, not into Will Smith.

19. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Finally bothered to read this, I was pleasantly surprised by the execution here. The first "betrothed" story that was not only convincing, but fun. It's a shame he may not update the story again, but it's truly a fun idea I'd love to see continued. I'll have to check out the author's other works.

20. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Honestly, for the fic that was suggested I give a 2/5.

There are some other ones that I found entertaining though.