1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot After Quidditch Blues by Klael - R

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Severus, May 23, 2017.

1. Severus

Severus Sent Back to India

High Score:
    Title: After Quidditch Blues
    Author: Klael
    Rating: R
    Genre: Smut, Rape
    Library Category: Restricted Section
    Pairings: Harry/Angelina
    Summary: I'm honestly appalled by the lack of Angelina smut there is. Really. Can I help it if I have jungle fever? So, I wrote this one. Warnings: N/C, Anal, Oral.
    Link: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=5908

Harry taking out his frustrations on Angelina. Nice Harry/Angellina smut. Always love a dark Harry. 5/5.

2. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Some things do not deserve even an attempt at fairness. "Jungle fever"? Leave immediately.

3. Blinker

Blinker Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Well he did name himself after a nazi analogue

4. tomthumb

tomthumb Squib

Not bad for a smut fic. It is as advertised and it was good to see a different pairing than usual. For me a 3/5

5. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Terrible writing. Even ignoring the rape, bad prose, walls of text and character assassination more than make this a 1/5 for me. The smut in question, even ignoring all of this, is substandard.

I'd give this a negative score if I could, but sadly I'm limited to a 1.

6. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    Quoted for truth. Definitely getting a thumbs up from me for that assessment.

Now, to the review. As Halt said, this story (if it can even be called that) is horrible. It's a pitiful attempt at smut. And that's me being generous.

The writing is choppy, detached and mechanic at best. The prose isn't engaging. The prose isn't intriguing. There's literally nothing at all in the prose that I can find remotely interesting. There's nothing in this sad attempt at smut that I can look back on and say "Hey, I enjoyed that!"

The smut itself was complete garbage.

Exhibit A:
    Exhibit B:
    This isn't smut. This isn't a turn-on. Even ignoring the fact that it's rape, there's no denying that this "smut" is just pitiful. The descriptions don't create any form of eroticism. The descriptions are bland, technical and just plain awful.

Then there's the character assassination of Harry Potter. Okay, I get it. It's just smut. But that's the point, isn't it? It's just smut. I can think of a thousand ways to execute this same premise, with very different (and much more enjoyable) results. Hell, even the character assassination wouldn't be as jarring in the scenarios I can think of.

1/5 at absolute best. Nothing remotely enjoyable about this.