1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete All Roads Leads to Denerim by Sparrow Nightrunner - T - Dragon Age:Origins

Discussion in 'Games' started by oakes, Oct 18, 2013.

1. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Title: All Roads Leads to Denerim
    Autohor: Sparrow Nightrunner
    Rating: T (Approaching M on some parts)
    Status: Complete (According to the Author sequels on the way)
    Genre: Adventure
    Fandom: Dragon Age: Origins
    Summary: All Origins may be true, but that doesn't mean it'll be easy to take out that pesky archdemon. Between a xenophobic Dalish, a reformed playboy, a mage prodigy with a bad temper, and others, getting through the Blight without strangling one another (or Alistair, for that matter) will be hard enough.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8819552/1/

To be honest when i first came upon it, it was on the tvtropes fanfic recommendation section since it's been a long while since i gave up on ever coming across a story i would like. I know that there is some good fanfiction out there like Victory at Ostagar and all that, but i played the game many times as male!Cousland and have a never ending hate for Loghain and his ilk. So Victory at Ostagar wasn't something i would like even if it was well written.

This story seems massive. It has 7 wardens + Alistair and other companions as main characters. And at first I didn't think it would work, at all. But even though the author didn't really stray much from the the original story (not surprising considering that it's a choose-your-own-ending game) what really made me like this was characters. They were pretty well done and deep, so were the interactions themselves. There is some weak places what with the author taking the easy way out on introducing some of the companions or just skipping some some places and mentioning them instead of diving into details. In the end though author has progressed and improved her writing immensely.

(4.5)5/5

2. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

The characters were pretty well done, but like you said it stuck too close to canon. I've also always played a male Cousland and I liked his character a lot even if he was pretty angst for a while. That was okay though because the character has reason to be more than any others. One of the best chapters was his second at Ostagar in the beginning, the author did a good job of making him angry and depressed; his POV was definitely different from all the others.

4/5