1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Q4 2019 Story Competition is kicking off!

Prompt:
    Foreign Magical Regions (Setting outside of Britain) Length: 2.5 - 5k
    Get writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice

Antifa vs Neo-Nazis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by point09micron, Aug 17, 2019.

1. point09micron

point09micron Groundskeeper

2. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Headmaster

So what you're saying is that antifa are terrorists, because the white supremacists they counter demonstrate against aren't Real True Nazis™, but that even if they were, you'd be rooting for the Nazis because Antifa are still worse.

3. Agayek

Agayek Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I'd gladly root against anyone who thinks violence is acceptable, to be fair. In a nazi v antifa clash, I can't help but fervently root for Giant Meteor to settle the issue.

4. point09micron

point09micron Groundskeeper

Wow what an outrageous misinterpretation of my statement. My point is that the overwhelming majority of people harassed and assaulted by Antifa thugs aren't any variety of racist at all. And that I wish they would find some actual white supremacists or Nazis or whatever you want to call them and they can all kill each other. The problem with Antifa is that they've redefined "Nazi" and "racist" to mean anyone to the right of Rachel Maddow.

5. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Headmaster

Not a misinterpretation, just a very uncharitable one.

Heres the harsh truth, when you join white supremacists and neonazis in trying to push the lie that the people protesting against their ideology are the real bad guys, you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

At best, you really do believe the nonsensical feverdream that antifa is a violent terrorist organization that exists to attack and silence perfectly innocent ordinary conservatives- in which case you're an idiot. Or you know it's bullshit and spout it anyway, in which case you're either some flavor of white-supremacist, adjacent ideology, or ally to them.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Uhhh...it is recorded fact that Antifa has damaged innocent businesses and people in their pursuit of “justice.”

While their ideology is a reaction to serious issues and injustices...that doesn’t make them good guys. They are just as bad in practice as most nazi groups.

Most white supremacist groups in recent years rely on freedom of speech and the occasional mass shooting to spread hate. Antifa relies on rioting and anarchy.

It’s basically fascists vs deluded anarchists.

Both are bad. And no, this doesn’t make nazi groups less bad by equating Antifa to them. It just shows how bad Antifa is.

Siding with Stalin over Hitler is apples to oranges.

When you’re talking about nazis...Godwins law is a constant.

7. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I laughed.

8. VanRopen

VanRopen Order Member

First sentence, yes. Second sentence, fuck no.

"The property damage and occasional assault these idiots cause is totes on par with actual murder and the majority of domestic terrorism in the US" is a stupid take.

9. Agayek

Unquestionably, the neo-nazis are worse than antifa.

At the same time, that's kinda like saying the skunk I ran over yesterday stinks more than the shit I took this morning. Being "better than the nazis" is not exactly a high bar, and they should absolutely be striving for the high bar of "able to function in society".

10. The Nii Knight

The Nii Knight Squib

"On the one hand we have a group who's stated goal and ideology would result in the extermination of millions of people; targeting the disabled, religious and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ people, and anyone that fits the nebulous and ever-shifting definition of Other.

On the other we have a group of people who dont want that to happen, but broke a Starbucks window that one time."

You're right, it's impossible to say who is worse.

I'd consider a society that allows Nazis to march unchallenged to be the opposite of a functioning one quite frankly.

11. Longsword

Longsword Groundskeeper

Antifa in the US is a joke. In Europe however they can be a significant menace.

12. The Nii Knight

The Nii Knight Squib

If this "significant menace" doesn't include calls for genocide or literal assasinations then I'm afraid the "fa" are still worse!

13. Agayek

What is a counter-protest, if not challenging them? Those spring up pretty much always when the Nazis march, so I don't get how you can make the claim that they're going unchallenged with a straight face.

But there's a line between protesting something, and assault and battery, and antifa regularly cross that line. They're collectively a pack of violent shitheads who need to cool their heels in prison for a couple months, and maybe someday get it through their heads that generating nothing but negative PR for the cause they claim to champion is counter-productive.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  14. Longsword

Longsword Groundskeeper

Nazis are the worst offender, so I suppose nobody should do anything ever to anybody who is vaguely opposed to them.

15. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    @The Nii Knight

You compared stated ideology of neonazis to somethig antifa actually does.

Antifa does attack people.

Sauce on the most recent nazi-led wave of genocide in the US please.

Hint: a mass shooting isn't genocide.

16. ThePinkTomato

ThePinkTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Come on man.

17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    Which was exactly my point.

Edit: if antifa wants to be seen as challenging nazi marches instead of attacking random people, they should stop attacking random people

18. ThePinkTomato

ThePinkTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, I mean Nii posted that the neo nazis were calling for genocide, and you responded asking for examples of neo nazi genocide in the US.

19. Agayek

I mostly agree with you, but to clarify, Scott's point as best I can tell is "the Nazis are talking about attacking people, while antifa is actually attacking people". Essentially, "yeah, the Nazis talk a lot of shit, but they haven't actually done anything yet, whereas antifa's running around breaking shit and hurting people".

My rebuttal is mostly that comparing the groups to each other is an exercise in futility. No matter which way you slice it, the Nazis are objectively worse, and the comparison helps no one. It's just more stupid fucking virtue signaling and deflection.

The constant need for the right to shriek "but what about antifa?!" while ignoring the death cult calling for a cultural cleansing is just as aggravating as the left's need to moan about said death cult while ignoring the rioters that regularly beat the shit of people and destroy property. The "other side" being shitheads is no fucking excuse to be a shithead yourself, and we'd all be better off if the self-absorbed, short-sighted, and cancerous wastes of flesh that keep engaging in this bullshit would all go kill themselves already.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  20. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Oh, hey, it's a 'No true nazi' fallacy in the wild. Quaint.