1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Any fanfic where someone finds out that Harry is being abused?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Snowy, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Snowy

Snowy First Year

I know there are so many, but it is ALWAYS Snape who helps Harry, I want something different, that someone else finds out about the abuse, someone like:

Amelia Bones

Daphne

Susan

Fleur

Hermione

Or it could also be one where Amelia Bones, Narcissa M, Andromeda or the Greengrass adopt Harry, that Amelia, Cissy or Andy is a mother to Harry. Or simply a mother figure for Harry (Other than Molly, as it practically occurs in the canon)

2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You're in the forum if you want to find that sort of fic.

I suggest tumblr or wattpad.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

There's a "cute" series out there somewhere that had Sirius and Remus rescuing a very young Harry and raising him. I think they ended up with like 4 kids to raise actually - Harry, Hermione (somehow?), Draco, and someone else. It was one of those "one big happy family" type stories. Not really my jam but it was one of the better ones of that sub-genre that I'd read, though it did still have a lot of cutesy names like "Pride" and "Pack" for groups of kids and shit. I think it was a series of fics. Trying to find it now.

Ah ha - the Dangerverse. It has a TVTropes page. Here's the author on ffnet. Here's the DLP thread in the Trash Bin - my original rating back in 2010 was a 3/5. I was less picky back then. So take this entire suggestion with a gargantuan grain of salt.

When in Doubt, Obliviate! has Lockhart rescuing Harry. But that's... he doesn't rescue Harry when he's old enough to know what's going on. He takes Harry when he's tiny, if I remember correctly.

So if you are really looking for a story where someone who isn't Snape notices that Harry is being abused and saves him after he's finished with his toddler years... I dunno. Most of this that I've skimmed through has been really cutesy shit. And you're right that it's usually Snape taking Harry in.

Oh, Growing Up Black was decent if I remember right. Try that one.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  4. Snowy

Snowy First Year

Growing Up Black is on my top 10 list. I really recommend