1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Any Good Percy jackson fics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Pathological Liar, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Pathological Liar

Pathological Liar Second Year

Good Percy Jackson Fanfiction is really hard to find but I really don't want to re-read the old fics again and again. I can read almost any kind of PJO fanfiction, as long the writing is good. High School AUs, Dark or Evil Percy, And even Betrayed Percy(only sometimes though). I've read some of the good ones, like

• Falling For You by 1967HogwartsGoddess
    • Daughter Of Wisdom Series by Shikii (If you've not read it, I recommend this. It's a retelling of the original PJ series from Annabeth's POV but it's also one of the only fics which captures the tone and quality of canon)
    • Son Of the Western Seas, Reign Of The New Protogenoi, most of Aaaklusmos14 an seaweedbraen's fics. I would also recommend seaweedbraens one shot soulmate AUS which are really fun to read, She just nails character interactions.
    So, if you have any good fics that I've not read yet, please mention them. Thank you.

2. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

I'm quite sure that that particular fandom is dead for a while now, and if you're out of fics to read, it is probable that there are no decent ones left. It is the sad reality of such fandoms and the only thing I can recommend to you is for you to broaden your specter and get into other ones. Also, there are at least four same threads asking for the same thing so you can check them; just write Percy Jackson in search and hope for the best. If even that doesn't work, I'm 70% sure that there are some decent Percy Jackson/Harry Potter crossovers in the library. If that isn't to your tastes, well, tough luck then.

I'm aware that this comment isn't very helpful about your inquiry, but it's the best one I can give. I honestly can't remember the last PJO fanfic I read, and tbh I kinda overgrew it or whatever so I can't provide any names for you to try out. :(

3. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

4. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ryuugi's Prytaneum is an okay way to kill an afternoon. It's a PJO/DanMachi crossover but I went in without any prior knowledge of the setting and it worked out well enough. Basically a weeb light novel fantasy world with RPG mechanics.

Very different flavour but the PJO/Dresden fic by the same author is a novel experience.

5. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

As someone who isn't a huge PJO fan, and whose opinion of DanMachi is a resounding "meh."

Prytaneum is fucking great.

6. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Too bad it never updates anymore. Ryuggi has two PJO anime crosses that are good imo.

Son of the Western Sea comes to mind.
    There a couple others I'll have to see if I can find the names of them.

7. Archinist

Archinist Hαn Sαlsæd First

Salt-Breaker by Otters. The other ones mentioned above too.

8. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Classical Hero by The Oddfather on Spacebattles is pretty damn good. Not many PJO fics nail Percy's personality so well. That being said, it is a Worm crossover and operates on the assumption that you are familiar with and/or have finished the series.