1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anything redeeming about Vimesenthusiast?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PoshMafia, Dec 25, 2020.

1. PoshMafia

PoshMafia First Year

Hey ya'll is there anything redeeming about Vimesenthusiast. He does all the Ranma crossovers with a fair few HP fics all of good length.

Do I just brute force the first few chapters or do they remain shite all the way through?

Because somehow this dude has near 1000 patrons and I really want him to be redeemable. >.< So I have more shit to read.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4785338/Vimesenthusiast

2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Oh it's that guy.

He makes decently okay power wank fics. By decently okay I mean by the standard of power wank stories, not actually good fanfics. It's harmless trash.

3. Acquiescing Avian

Acquiescing Avian Second Year

Uhh, have you seen the most favourited fics for HP on FFN? Stats don't really mean anything.

I didn't like any fics of his that I tried reading. It's like Megamatt and some generic indy!Harry fic had a love-child.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  4. Khaine

Khaine Fourth Year

High Score:
    In my experience people will shill out for everything as long as it fulfills their particular fantasies.
    Now I don't know anything about this author but as mentioned before large numbers often say less than nothing.

5. KingChaotic

KingChaotic Squib

High Score:
    I admire how many words he can put out. Even excluding his Patreon story posts he's probably writing 60-80k words a month over multiple stories. That is seriously impressive, if I can get to half that its normally by bashing my head against the wall.

As for the stories themselves... I feel like if you've read one you've read them all. MC characterization feels almost exactly the same across every fic, but since its either Ranma or HP then fair enough I guess *shrugs*

There's this rationalist justification I kept seeing pop up across multiple fics (mostly in the form of bashing said crossover universes plot) but it mostly came up as preachy.

I think he has some good ideas, but I kept getting this random pedo vibe in some of his fics that turned me off most of them.

I'm pretty sure his target audience is 12-21, anyone older then that is probably gonna hate what he writes unless they're really desperate for something semi-decent in that particular fandom.

6. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I 100% admire the hustle lmao. If your shit gets readers and subscribers well goddamn done.

I wish that my written dross got me paid... Well done to him/her/it