1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Arent Little Girls Made of Sugar & Spice? by JE - T - H/A

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by perfectly_insane, Dec 8, 2005.

1. perfectly_insane

perfectly_insane First Year

Title: Aren't Little Girls Made of Sugar and Spice?
    Author: Jagged Epiphany
    Raiting: T
    Pairing: Harry/Alicia Spinnet
    Summary: Tired of the cliched and overused couples? Then this story is for you! Post-Hog. Alicia Spinnet is tired of the twins setting her up till they set her up with...Harry Potter
    Link: Aren't Little Girls Made of Sugar and Spice?

This story is one of the few Harry/Alicia fics out there and it's quite good too. There are some scenes that will make you want to snort or laugh out loud. It seems to be Abandoned though. :(

It's a good read anyway. And excuse me for being a total girl here but I think they're cute together. :D Or it could just be because it's well-written.

Here's a quote from the story to get you interested:

2. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

I havent heard of this one, I'll put it on my To-Read list. Thanks!

3. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    You aren't the only one, I thought the story was cute too and pretty funny and fun to read. Definitely a good story so far as Harry/rare cannon female goes. There's the certain fact that by lacking things other than just the romance, it really can't be a great saga or anything. Still a pretty decent read I thought.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I was reading this ages ago but I ran out of chapters. I couldnt really get into it again so meh...

5. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Cool, I'll set it appart for light reading.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

read it ages ago... a bit on the fluffy side and aint be undated in ages i thnk... but i liked it personally... worth a read i thin

7. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Me too.

8. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

hasn't been u pdated in a while i think...

9. Antivash

O_O ... wow i was updated.... *checks*... 12-12-05 very interesting chapter i think... i particularly liked hte ending... got a chuckle at 6AM ,,, cant be too bad..

10. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Harry chokes on broccoli. Lmao!!

Thx for the reminder Vash, cute little fluff. Wish the more serious dark authors could come up with a scene like this. What a funny juxtaposition that would be. Anyway, solid story, not quite my normal cup of tea but still good.

11. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Read this a loooooong time ago, pretty good I think. Kind of on the fluffy side though.

12. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

Re: Arent Little Girls Made of Sugar & Spice? by JE - T-

No need to excuse yourself. We're both girls and we both think they're cute together. Not really abandoned since the latest chapter was uploaded on Dec. 12, 2005.

Not completely full of fluff, not too serious too if you can count death by brocolli a laughing matter. :lol:

All in all it's a well balanced story. All it needs now is for Alicia's ex-boyfriend to try getting revenge and we have a classic romance story.

13. perfectly_insane

perfectly_insane First Year

:shock: How could I NOT see that update?!

Now, if someone were to make a story out of this, I'd definitely read it.

14. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Fun to read but the part where Harry's confidence in sex is pathetic due to whatever his ex-g did, I find that insulting no male should fall that low even in fiction

15. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I agree for being such a playboy he is made out to be an utter puss for the most part.

The constant Lee bits are annoying as all hell, and it just makes Harry look like a guy who doesn't care if the dude that screwed his girl six ways from Sunday spends nights at her house.

Alicia's mood swings ruin the character for me. She's busy being a flaky twat while Harry is being a giant puss about everything. The constant infestation of Fred and George also hurt the story for me. I usually love the twins, but they are too overused in this story whenever a Harry/Alicia whine/angst fest is in short supply.

It might fly a bit better if they were all 13-14, but as grown adults acting like love struck immature "check yes or no if you like me or not" it made me gag.

16. Antivash

I dont mind fred anf george so much as Lee... i can deal with too much F&G but its simply too unrealistic for him to be around and harry not pound the crap out of him for the shit he's pulled ...

another bit that irked me (aside from harry being a bitch) was Katie and her "Grr i kill you weasley... lets snog" attitude... and angelina and her weasley shagging anywhere and everywhere...

but over all i do like it for all its flaws...

17. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

The Author just updated. I like the new twist with a new leader of the Death Eaters trying to go to England and try to kill Harry. So there's gonna be some action mixed with all the fluffs.

I liked how she ended the chapter with Harry's ex-g coming back to the public and pregnant to boot with Harry's child.

18. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Way to fucking much Lee Jordan in this shit. It makes Harry look like some sort of nervous twelve year old while Lee shagged Alicia all over the place. I'm just waiting for Alicia to start shagging Lee again while Harry sits in the backround, then Alicia will cry some and admit she cheated, Harry will forgive her and they'll live happily ever after. Bleh.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  19. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

It was nice to see an author come back to a story. The writing style is good. It is an entertaining read hopefully the new plotlines won't dilute the story.

Jim

20. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The update was alright and the writing is is great, but I feel like the story doesn't have any direction (or that the author doesn't have a clear idea about where she wants to go with the plot).

I thought the story had been abandoned, which was alright because the main conflict in the first umpteen chapters (Harry and Alicia's relationship) had been settled and it was essentially finished, anyway. The death eater threat came out of left field as far as this story is concerned, and might have been better addressed in a sequel.

I also hate Lee, which is a shame because he's got the best dialogue of any of the characters.