1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Artificial Truth by Yamipaladinofchaos - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Antivash, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title:Artificial Truth
    Author: Yamipaladinofchaos
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    Pairing: None that I've seen
    DLP Catagory: Crossover/General
    Summary: [Pre HBP] Washed on the shores of a desert island after a narrow escape from the Dark Lord, Harry Potter's new power sets him on a journey down a path to divinity and insanity. The lines between Good and Evil blend, after all, when one is God.
    Link:Link

It DOES suck. It is decently written, I suppose, and isnt too bad, grammatically and spellingly speaking. It isnt a gem in the rough by any means. It is also a crossover, slightly. Magic The Gathering. Harry is also damn near God.

Regardless of all of its negatives, I do find it enjoying to read. Rather than GOD!Harry sitting around pwning everything in sight, he goes insane and has abitch attack voldie. She cuts off one of his arms befor being forced to retreat.

Vash is amused.

3/5

2. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

Although this is supposed to be a serious fic i couldnt stop laughing half the time, if you like godlike harry fics then you will probably love this and if you dont just take time to give yourselfs a good laugh. 3/5 overall but 5/5 for comic effect.

3. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

This story is really interesting. The God!Harry is something that the author has done very well. The only thing that detracts from the experience is the short, staccato-like manner of writing that he/she has employed, it's akin to jerking your head from side to side repeatedly to try to find out what the hell's going on.

4/5, but I wouldn't expect an update soon...this fic's been going for two years now.

EDIT: And...the author's written two hundred and twenty four (224) stories...with that number I don't know how much effort he'll put into this at all. Keep in mind that while there might be some 15 chapters, each chapter could ahrdly be more than 1500-2000 words long.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  4. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    This is no slight crossover, the author completely rips the idea off from Magic. The second chapter proved it to me, especially when I started thinking "Is this about Harry or that guy from Magic?" I would probably like this story more if I had not read that book, but it was well written, so 3/5.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

God I hate this author, they spew so many fucking one-shot's into my inbox every week.

6. Lightning89

Lightning89 First Year

I really liked it till chapter 13. It's the last chapter, but there are few doubts what the pairing will be... yes, H/G.

Without the pairing I would give 3.5/5. With it, it's 1.5/5.

7. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Take him off your Author alert list, Jonny :p

Yeah, the pairing is irritating, since there's virtually no basis for it. It doesn't develop, it just smacks you in the face with "Yes, she had realized over the past years that she was in love with him."

Of course, then it gives a million different words to describe Harry:

emerald green eyes, shining like a gem, blah blah, raven hair, tousled locks...

I wish the author would stop figuratively wanking and get around to writing longer chapters o_o

8. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    If he continues writing H/g (she does not deserve a capital) then I wish he would run into a pointy stick, preferably a poisoned pointy stick. I'm such a pairing whore nowadays it's ridiculous.

But wow, this Harry kicks all sorts ass, crazy powerful mofo.

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

God dammit Yarrgh! They have over 200 fucking stories, it's too late for anything but high density napalm strikes to their face! I keep them on with the hope that they won't make me regret my ability not to napalm strike their face.

10. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

One day I hope they make something so that you can reach across the internet and bitchslap someone on the other side.

11. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

This story is not only an immature Harry with godly power but a christian setup though the whole story. If I had enough humour to take it all, I'd probably find it amusing but I am severely alergic to the christian ways of sins and devel and the seduction of eva by the evil snake......
    So its written quite good but the christian inuendos make it seem like a lesson from some priest.