1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by AnvariX, Jun 7, 2011.

1. AnvariX

AnvariX Second Year

Please note the subject of the thread - spoilers may be revealed.

The third and final act in the story of Ezio Auditore da Firenze; his sojourn eastward to Constantinople as the Byzantine Empire crumbles and the Ottoman Empire takes form, seeking answers from his ancestor's legacy - Altaïr ibn La-Ahad.

Desmond Miles has, after the conclusion of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, been plugged back into the Animus in order to save his life. His mind shattered, Desmond has fallen into the underlying source code of the Animus. As Desmond struggles to pull together the fragments of his identity, the aging sixteenth century Grand Master of the Assassin Order, Ezio, retraces the path of his ancestor, Altaïr, seeking answers to his own mysteries.

The official trailer was released at E3 earlier today by Ubisoft. The game will be released in November of this year and conclude the Ezio arc of Assassin's Creed - developers have promised many answers in this chapter. You will play as Desmond, trapped within the Animus; Ezio, in early sixteenth century Constantinople and Altaïr in the late twelth century. Presumably, the next installment will be Assassin's Creed III, introducing a new era and ancestor.

Here is the trailer on the official Assassin's Creed YouTube profile - and it is definitely worth bumping up to 720p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

2. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

I willingly admit that I watched that video over and over again. On one side I know with this we will finally be done with Ezio, on the other I really don't want to see him go. He has become the main character of this series, he was the one Ubisoft put the most character development into, giving us a game series that spans almost 30 years of his life. We watched him grow up into the man he is in the video, and I really don't want to see him disappear to give way to Desmond Miles.

Oh, and the song was amazing.

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Awesome trailer, very convincing graphics.

Looking forward to getting achievement for killing 50 halberdiers without getting hit

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The trailer was pretty epic. Though I hope Ezio doesn't die the way he seems to be in the trailer, that would suck. Ezio going to Masayf (or however it's spelled) is search of his ancestor's knowledge is awesome. We'll the whole nostalgia part when we see the old fortress in ruins.
    However, we have seen Ezio going from arrogant, selfish seventeen year old prick, to old, wizened and philosophical 50-something(or whatever his Revelations age is). I think that's a pretty awesome thing for a game series to accomplish.
    Now, this game seems to be more of a personal quest of Ezio, so the rest of the Assassin Order will probably be scarce, which is sad, since they were so awesome in Brotherhood.
    I will definitely buy this game, along with any other AC that follows. It's one of the best series that combine awesome plot with awesome gameplay.
    I wonder who the bald guy was?

5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

That's where you're wrong.

6. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

7. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

The music was fucking awesome.

The trailer was cool too..

8. Nae

Nae The Violent

I've been playing Assasin's Creed : Brotherhood for the past week, and it's a freakin' amazing game. The city of Rome itself is beautifully designed, and the I'm seriously in love with Ezio's free running abilities.

And here I thought Prince of Persia was Boss.

9. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

His name does not matter. All I know is he is in an old fortress I loved to run around in, this demands death.

10. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I read this article then watched the trailer. There is now jizz all over my room.

This game looks so goddamn epic.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
  12. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

I also can't wait for new stuff in the Multiplayer. If you can get into the game style you want it's way addicting. New maps are the best and Constantinople(sp?) will be really cool. There is a video of some live game play floating around there somewhere and it looks awesome too. Thrown bombs and the use of eagle vision to see throw smoke and whatnot-that's just a great idea. I also hope that Ezio's responsibility for the Order is even more indepth than it was last game.

Also I agree- what ubisoft has done with this character is simply amazing. On par (really it surpasses even) what they did with the Prince of Persia franchise. Building a character like this is extremely difficult to do. More than a movie or book certainly.

Now I know I'm getting ahead of myself- but I'm going to be curious now as to what the next era of assassination will be. France? England? Honestly I'll be very disappointed if we go to Asia. Not that I dislike Asia, but it would not mesh well with this series IMHO. I like something Russian or in Great Britain. If ever you get bored try reading the Mission Synopsis in the Pigeon Coops in Brotherhood. They explain the inner workings of the guild a bit more and the results of missions and conspiracies. Very interesting.

13. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

The trailer song is Iron by Woodkid, if anyone is interested.

Between this, Arkham City and Skyrim, October-November will see the dust off my 360. :]

14. The Silent Knight

The Silent Knight Seventh Year

I really have to finish Brotherhood, I'd barely started when I stopped. I didn't find it as amazing as the first two. This looks pretty cool, might pick it up.

15. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Just a piece of fanart that I thought was funny and appropriate.

[​IMG]

Grey Power!

16. Lord Wolfe

Lord Wolfe Squib

If you're into Assassin's Creed fanart, well, try these - http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3391055288

The thread is about a year old, but it's still got a couple of amazing artworks.

I replayed ACI and ACII, but with all the games coming out after ACB, I'm still at about 85% in ACB. Though, with the lull in awesome PC games, I'll probably finish it, and play it over at least once. It should, along with a number of other games, last me till Q4. Can't wait for ACR, Arkham City and The Run.

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I can't wait. :3