1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Aurora Sinistra, adopt Harry! (Let's discuss. What could change if Harry has a mentor?)

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Snowy, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Snowy

Snowy First Year

I started reading and really enjoying fanfics where Harry has a mentor. So much to see Harry receive all the love and affection from a mother or father that he deserves.

The main ones usually have Snape adopting Harry as his pupil. Rescuing him from the home of his abusive relatives, etc. (I already got sick of these.)

Recently browsing the FFN I found a fanfic that interested me a lot, The Sinistra Ward. Where Aurora Sinister ends up looking for Harry under Professor McGonagall, and ends up tracking him in a store. Where Harry worked. When she goes to the ministry looking for papers about Harry's magical guardian, she finds out that the magic has made her Harry's guardian. And so the bond between the two begins to form.

I really think these fanfics are really cool, I'll give you some examples, in case you are interested and want to read.
    - The accidental animagus. (Granger family.)
    - Harry McGonagall. (Professor McGonagall's nephews)
    - An Inconvenient Truth (Amelia Bones)
    - Harry Potter and the Rule of three. (Amelia Bones)
    - Harry Potter and the Rune Stone Path (Babbling)

If you know others, feel free to add them in the comments!

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I think you have the wrong impression of what DLP likes, or what any of the users will engage in. This isn't r/HPFF. Maybe consider browsing a bit more instead of forcing a conversation about a topic clearly no one has interest in.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Also you need to sort out the difference in parental figure and mentor - those are not the same thing. There's definitely overlap, but they're not the same thing. A 'mentor' does not have to provide all the love and affection a parent should provide.

And listen to Zombie.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021