1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Balanced HP/Warcraft crossover

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Vulcan, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

I've checked a lot of HP/Warcraft crossovers, but was unable to find the one where the universes are actually more or less balanced.
    Either we have a Super!Harry who can kill a Pit Lord with a single punch and has a harem made out of half a female population of Azeroth, or the young Harry is trained by the Warcraft characters, becoming another Warcraft character with a different name.
    It could be nice to find the story without curbstomp battles, and Harry (or Harry and Co) go to Azeroth while staying themselves (I'm OK with more powered version than canon, it's necessary to survive on Azeroth, I just don't like OP).

If you know the story like that, please post a link.

2. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

This is kinda freaky, I was thinking of creating a thread about this just now. Checked out the same stories as you today and they're so cliche ridden and badly written it's not even funny.

If there are any decent warcraft stories at all, I'd be very interested as well, not just crossovers.

3. cancelled for a

cancelled for a Second Year

They're like unicorns.

They don't exist.

4. Ankan

Ankan Professor

I have for a long time tried to find any, they unfortunately don't exist yet.

5. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Never looked for an HP/Warcraft crossover, but I can say that there is no good Warcraft story in the fandom. Most end up being about OCs (usually author personifications or SIs) which the author doesn't have the skill to make us care about.

The most popular one in the fandom is Frostblood(?) which is Jaina becoming Lich King IIRC. Then there's a few Thrall/Jaina stories. Then we have PWP.

I could offer you my own story but I make no guarantee of quality story telling other than No Slash, No PWP and running it through spell check. This is, however, going to be a YMMV story at best IMHO. (Arthas-centric, Gamer Crossver, Heavy AU starting post-First War).

6. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would like to read a no-shipping (or minimal shipping) Jaina centric story.

7. Halt

You are describing Frostblood

8. Download

High Score:
    I could only get a few chapters into that. It was what inspired me to start looking for a Jaina story however.

9. Halt

You'll probably end up with some trash Jaina/Insert preferred penis here story. The fandom doesn't seem to care much for her outside the context of a romantic interest.

10. Download

High Score:
    That's disappointing.

11. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Jaina has never interested me. I tried reading that story where she becomes the next LK, but it got kind of boring, and that's supposedly in the top 5 of the fandom or w/e. Sylvannas is far more interesting as a character I think. I wrote a oneshot where HP stole sylvannas's mechanohog, but I don't think I posted it here.

12. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Only decent Warcraft/Harry Potter cross I can think of is "Harry the Blue", but that doesn't really fit the OP's specifications and is just the best in the category, as a whole.

It looks abandoned, though.

13. Mestre

Mestre Professor