1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Biden Bucks Gaming PC

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Arthellion, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, looking at using some of the stimulus to get a gaming desktop. It's time for an upgrade. A lot of things are sold out.

Looking for a desktop that's under 1600, but has ray tracing. Not really able to build my own at the time, so any suggestions for vendors or options would be appreciated.

Thoughts?

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

3. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

For rtx you need either an Ampere or Turing gpu from NVDA, both of which are really hard to get right now. The new AMD cards can technically do rtx, but they're pretty bad at it and sold out as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hRssfP

This here would make a pretty good rig (without gpu so far) for ~800$ +/- if you want more rbg or an AIO instead of the ryzen stock cooler. That leaves you with roughly 800$ or 50% for left for your gpu, which is the hardest part. At MSRP you'd get a nice 3070 or a 3060 Ti for your rtx wishes, but MSRP is a far-off dream. If you do get your hand on a good card, do make sure to have at least a 1440p monitor. The visual upgrade is significant and my heart bleeds if I have to see an Ampere card wasted on 1080p.

Edit: nvm I totally didn't read that you won't be building it yourself, my bad. Wish you luck, mate. With the chip shortages and the current crypto craze this is probably the worst time to build or buy a good gaming pc. Especially since the news has been that ship shortages will likely continue for the entire year.