1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Oneshot Big Brother D by trip-trap - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Stan, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Stan

Stan Order Member

Title: Big Brother D
    Author: trip-trap
    Rating: T
    Genre: Family/Drama
    Words: 3,536
    Published: Dec 30, 2010
    Library Category: General
    Pairings: None
    Summary: Some are born big brothers; some have big-brother-ness thrust upon him. Dudley's the latter, and the best you could say is he's grudging about it.
    Link : here

Just a little one-shot I found. Nothing special at all, but a quick decent read nonetheless.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Short, to the point, well written. Decent premise.

4/5

3. Poly

Poly First Year

Meh. Not bad, but not good either. 3/5

4. esran

esran Professor

Not that interesting, short, but good enough for what it is. 3/5

5. Tomas19

Tomas19 Squib

Decent read. 3/5 for me as well.

6. Drunken dark lord

Drunken dark lord First Year

was decent and enjoyable. 3/5

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Professor

Decent read, but perhaps too short to have something to really enjoy.

3.5/5

8. Quiddity

Quiddity Auror

Same as what is said above. Decent premise with the idea of Dudley becoming a big-brother figure to Harry, and handled realistically, with everyone being vaguely in-character, and kid and adult dynamics worked in a appropriate way. Slight pet peeve with the Harry-never-eats cliche, but not dwelled on.

However, there's nothing there that grabs the attention at all. It's actually a surprise, given how little actually happens within, that it isn't boring. But somehow it isn't. It captures and holds the attention, even if it does nothing to excite it. The conclusion is satisfying, even if entirely predictable.

Again, as said above, a nice, self-contained, small and altogether decent oneshot. 3.5/5, rounding down to 3/5, because honestly, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

9. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I have this strange fondness for a well written Dudley, sooo I'm giving this a 5/5 for Reasons.

10. Stan

Stan Order Member

You may also try reading Dudley Dursley and the Hogwarts Letter. Its nothing special either, but the premise is rare and its worth a read if you like Dudley.