1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bit of a Rant/Something I Need To Say.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Xiph0, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Everytime I peak into For Review, I end up with headaches. Bad, motherfucking headaches.

Usually, I get about a chapter into fics before I have to stop, it's like trying to run in sandals.

Thats where the rant comes into play, authors, check your shit, please.

If your first chapter sucks goatse's anus, rewrite it god damnit, or don't bitch if I shoot it down after only one chapter.

/Meh, largely pointless but fuck -_-.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hahaha. At least they arent in the library, dude. That'd be more of a problem.

3. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Very true, Syao. Then all the admins and mods would have to go through every library and sort out the bad ones from the good ones.

4. Thalarian

Thalarian Seventh Year

The problem might be that most new author's just get so damn excited that they wrote ANYTHING that they fail to really think about who's reading it.

Like finding your Dad's Hustler for the first time. You're so eager to look at it you just don't give a damn about what the possible consequences might be (Like a sore forearm). It's similar to authors who are posting their own stories.

That and many authors that comes up to the plate have the very first thought of 'Holy shit, I might have the best fanfic concept EVER!' without ever really sitting back and looking over what they've got.

Although I do have to give some respect to the author's that admit to their flaws and really want to get constructive critism on their stories. It might not be the best thing out there but hey, at least they are trying in some respect.

Of course, sometimes some of us just suck <Hands Xiph motrin>