1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Black Evil Rising by minniequill - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Averis, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Title: Black Evil Rising
    Author: minniequill
    Rating: M
    Genre: Horror/Romance
    DLP Category: Romance?
    Pairing: Bellatrix Lestrange/Rodolphus Lestrange
    Summary: BBRL. Follows the series of events in Bellatrix's seventh year at Hogwarts leading to her romance with Rodolphus Lestrange and her inauguration into Voldemort's ranks as one of his Inner Circle. Manipulative!Dumbledore. Powerful!Bellatrix

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3600502/1/

This caught my eye after glimpsing it in minniequill's profile. Updated 6-18, this story is unique and well-written enough to deserve a place in the Library. Basically the first chapter is Bellatrix/Cygnus Black (incest what?) and written in such a way that I couldn't tear myself away. It's different, and shows the Blacks as what a rich, Dark Pureblood family should be, at least in my mind.

Definitely on the up and up, 4.5/5.

2. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I liked it...

I doubt the Andromeda was as clumsy as Tonks but seeing how we know so little of her from cannon, it's possible.

Hopefull in the next chapter she'll explain how Bella got her darker tendancies.

I fail to believe that a 17 year old would ever start licking blood at random in morbid fascination.

And the love at first sight with Rodulphus seems a bit unbelieveable, lust sure, but love and already so sure of it...Right.

4/5 Still too short, yet what has been written seems promising

Seems like something Vash would write.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Fairly well done, I like it. Though the pairing is wrong in the above post. <_<

4.5/5

4. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I know it is her father who is with her, yet there is a small paragraph in the story where Rodolphus admires her and tells himself it is love...check the pensieve scene.

Just seemed far fetched that he would admit love after seeing her for what...1/2 a minute... :\

Edit: Wait nevermind...weren't even speaking to me...

Err...

*awkward*

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Beautifully written with a dark atmosphere and interesting character interaction. Add on to that a nice chapter length and a promising future, and I'll say 4/5.

However, I'll hold off on voting 'til there's more of it.

Also, I recommend the Restricted Section.

6. odainath

odainath Squib

Okay, how long do you guys want the chapters to be? I wrote one where the chapter was 10000 words and it was considered too long. This one is about 4500 and apparently not long enough. Some sort of guidance in that area would be helpful.
    As a side note: this story is completely planned out. A miracle to any of those who know what I'm like. :D

7. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Sometimes depends on speed of update, but Shezza and I use the rule of between 5000 and 10,000. Chapter has to be at least 5,000 words to be a complete chapter when either of us write.

I personally never mind longer chapters as a reader and a lot of times you can't avoid them as a writer. But 5k-10k seems to be the sweet spot a lot of people agree on when we've talked about the same topic on the board or in irc.

side note: 10k is not too much, if that's how much it takes to get across what you want in a particular chapter then 10k it is.

8. odainath

odainath Squib

It happens. It sounds horribly cliche but my boyfriend and I fell in love at first sight. I saw him roll his eyes at a lecturer and he saw me swear at a horse that had just kicked me (bloody hurt). Going on six months now and he had this annoying habit of taking me near jewellery shops to 'look at rings, not that it means anything, just hypothetically'.

So yes, just thought I'd put my two cents worth in there.

9. Dianeme

Dianeme Guest

Well, this is my favourite story of all time, though I will be a pain in the arse and ask a few questions that you haven't answered.

Why does she lick blood? Has she done it before, or was it killing the woman that gave her the sudden urge?

How long has she been sleeping with her father and who seduced who?

Why does he call her 'Dark Angel'? Is it the obvious, that's she's beautiful and her last name is 'Black'; or is it something more.

Get these blanks filled!

10. Kyp's Avenger

Kyp's Avenger Fourth Year

This is well-written and interesting. We'll see how it goes, but for now, 4/5.

11. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Gone. No copies known to exist.

If anyone has this backed up please contact me so I can add it to the archives!

--bornagainpenguin

12. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Well it seems no copies have been found otherwise the link probably would of been revised. Bumped up for revision/deletion.

Unless, someone does in fact have a link, if so please post.

13. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

Would have been revised.