1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Blue Sun Down by Darth Marrs - T - Firefly/Starwars

Discussion in 'Firefly' started by Robo Jesus, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Title: Blue Sun Down, a FireflySW Crossover
    Author: Darth Marrs
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 28
    Words: 75,577
    Updated: July 13, 2008
    Published: November 28, 2007
    Pairing: River Tam/Quinlan Vos
    Summary: The crew of Serenity takes a job three weeks after Miranda that puts them on the trail of secrets more terrifying than anything they've ever seen. SWFirefly crossover. Firefly AUWash and Book live!
    Link: Fanfiction.net

This story was very entertaining, and yet, very dark at the same time. The author does a lot of Star Wars crossover stories, but this one focuses mainly on how the Alliance gets royally fucked as the Vong come to town. Yeah, this is not a happy story. While a bit cliche in some places, it's still an interesting read, and recommended for that fact.

Checked: June 14, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  2. Danjam

Danjam Seventh Year

Does this require a lot of knowledge about the Star Wars verse?

'cause all I know about Star Wars is from the movies, I don't know shit about any of the other parts, like knights of the old republic, or whatever other series there are.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Changed the title and included the rating. I know that the title technically has that extra bullshit tacked on, but it looked shit.

4. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

You can read and understand most of what happens, but it helps if you have some knowledge of the EU (Expanded Universe). One of the characters being used is seen only in the EU and I think one of the video games, so you may sit there and go "huh, who is this guy" until you realize that he's just a Jedi, like any of the ten thousand plus others that existed before the Jedi purges took place. Also, the backstory behind why and how he is there is given, so even if you don't know squat about who he is, you can get a good idea from the details given in the backstory. The Vong may trip you up, but they're easy enough to figure out, plus there is always google to help for further info. Suffice it to say, the Vong were a major threat for a good part of the EU and the SW galaxy at large, which showed just how utterly incompetent the New Republic (that rose after the fall of the Empire) actually was. :p

Ahh, cool. My thanks.

5. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

DLP is on a fucking roll tonight.

I saw this and thought skeptically Star Wars/Firefly crossover. The thought that it could be epically bad crossed my mind but then I realised like "The Man With No Name" it could be fucking incredible. It was.

I've read some of the Star Wars books and comic but not that many and not for several years, I haven't played any of the games so I had no idea who the protagonist Jedi was.

It is in fact centered around the crew of Serenity and Mal is probably the main character but it's a shared responsibility. The plot is amazing, with one hell of a twist. It's the sort of thing I'd expect from a couple of books rather than one medium length fanfic (70k words). It's not quite as deep as Man With No Name, but the sheer imagination, inventiveness and wwriting ability required to link the two universes so well has me awestruck.

This sort of fic is why I love Fanfic.net and DLP. Complete gems I've never heard of and would never have discovered if I had stayed flying solo. Brilliant fanfiction of the very highest calibre and definitely worth the few hours to read it in one sitting.

5/5

6. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is actually very good. I wouldn't read the HP fics that have been written, but you know. This SW one was good.