1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bone, Blood and Flesh Divergence Idea, Year 1

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Raijin, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Eh I'm posting this here instead of challenges since its not actually fleshed out in any sense whatsoever and I probably won't think anymore about it. So I don't think it has enough info to be challenge worthy.

As a way to alter Harry to a more mature person and kick jump the war, instead of having Voldemort go after the Philosopher's Stone he instead prepares the ritual using Quierrel. He has all the ingredients he needs mentioned in canon present with him.

Anyhow the main divergence asides from the shit-storm that happens since he might be inside Hogwarts when this happens is I believe that Harry will have a greater reaction when knowing a CORPEAL-body resurrects from the blood after his Quirrel cuts his arm, or maybe cuts it off completely and desires to kill him.

Thoughts?

2. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Don't have Quirrel cut his arm of completely. Cripple Harry sucks monkey dick.

It would be intersting, but it doesn't allow for several things...mainly Harry to get a little older before Voldemort the big bad is running around.

I think this time of stability is needed, for Harry to grow up. I do think altering the begining to be something more drastic and to jump start Harry into actually caring would be a good idea. However, I don't think that giving Voldemort his body back so early would work.

3. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

It could be a good plot to force Harry into the Dark Arts. Possibly under Snape's secret guidance. More of a "Saving my own ass" thing than an "I want you to be prepared" thing, if Snape does guide him.

4. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I always thought it would be interesting if, when Wormtail/Quirrel says, 'forcefully taken' Harry decides that he's going to willingly give the blood to Wormtail so that the 'forcefully' part doesn't work anymore. I'm not sure, but I'd think that it would effect the outcome of the ceremony. Just a plot device if someone tries to make a story like this.

On to the actual idea, I don't know how that would prepare or help Harry in any way. Dumbledore would still try to hide him, Harry would no less spells, and he'd only be a twelve year old cripple. Makes it a little bit more difficult to fight a dark lord who still has many minions.

5. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Thing is they can't live their 'savior' without his arm so I'm sure theres some kind of way to fix it I'm just putting cut it off to make sure there's more effect on him and I believe Quirrel is far more likely to cause serious damage then Peter.

Also on the note of him being to younh I agree for the most part however, I am one of those who believe that the war should last several years.

As for a Snape, no way is he trusting an 11 year old to save the world. Add on to the fact that he's a Potter....

On another note this is all a useful way to have Harry leave Europe entirely, especially as evidenced by canon Dumbledore would not tell the prophecy and thus, Harry might feel safer elsewhere.

6. Snarf

High Score:
    Look at Moody. Peg leg.

Yet how long was it before disappearances were happening in canon? What, a year? Harry wouldn't have a chance to grow up before he was murdered, plain and simple. Imperius curses, no matter how they put it in fanon, can easily be used on a child. A poisoned knife, not hard to stab with when in the middle of the hallway, and Harry's dead.

I whole-heartedly agree.

It might be easier to have Harry leave via another plot device.

7. deathinapinkboa

No only that, but the only reason disappearances held of for a year was because Voldemort was still in hiding, building his army.

I suppose you could make is work by having Voldemort staying in hiding until say...the end of Harry's fifth year. That leaves the question of how the fuck are you going to keep the reader interested through years 2, 3, 4, and 5.

8. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

Bionic Harry? Will he come with his own theme music? :wall:

No. No. Hell no; and once more with feeling... NO.

There is no such thing, despite claims to the contrary, as a good mentor!Snape fic. It is a fiction, a myth, the Holy Grail of fanfiction. Many have sought out the rumored object, and some have found objects close to it, but none have found this "Good mentor!Snape" in its true form. Do not befoul more fanfiction with this unholy quest to redeem the greaseball.

Ohhhh. Can he flee to the utopian paradise that is the Magical US? Will he meet that sasy, yet unimaginably powerful, young witch Mary-Sue Blowme? Perhaps Dobby can join him and together make friends with the goblins of the American Branch of Gringotts to lead the world to harmony and unity?

Yes. Please...let us gather around the campfire and sing songs of friendship while we read this story.

/gag

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  9. Snarf

High Score:
    Did you imagine the Star Wars theme music when you read about his arm being cut off because I sure as hell did.

(also, why have you deleted your La RĂ©sistance title?)

10. KenderCleric

No I was thinking the 6 Million Dollar man actually, but your question did give me an excellent mental image.

Harry, after having the crud beat out of him and limbs removed by Quirrel (who went up like a torch due to such massive contact with Harry's blood btw) ends up looking like Darth Vader.

In the years that follow (which are peaceful because Voldemort is still a spirit due to the ritual not being completed thanks to bonfire!Qurriell) Harry is treated with much fear and hostility. His wand was integrated into his new artificial arm to prevent disarming and summoning thus giving him the appearance of being able to do wandless magic. This instills great fear in many, and worship from others. Also, thanks to the black and rather scary outfit he wears daily now everyone calls him a Dark Lord.

Poor Harry.

And I swear, if some nitwit turns this into the basis of a SW/HP crossover I will take up voodoo just to curse them.

11. Elfonrum

Elfonrum Squib

My apologies for this post.

I will not repeat this mistake. Thank you for letting me know how bad of a post this was.

Will not happen again, Elfonrum

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  12. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

Redeem him? Who said I was trying to redeem him?

13. deathinapinkboa

The only reason I'm not negative repping you is because I've run out rep power for this 24 hour period.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Please go kill yourself.

Nobody: FakeRedeemed!Snape has potential.

14. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

Hey, I hadn't thought about "fake"... it'd definitely be interesting if done right, wouldn't it? :D

15. KenderCleric

Provided Snape died a horrible death at Harry's hands once he had outlived his usefulness...then yeah. It would be interesting.

"So all you're going to teach me about Occlumency is to say 'Clear your mind' before having your greasy way with my mind?"

"Yes Potter, now Clear your mind!"

"Yeah, I'm about done with you asshat."

<insert horrible method of death for Snape here>

16. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

Well, he's teaching Harry the Dark Arts, isn't he? I'd think ruthlessness and possibly killing your mentor once he finished his teaching would be included in that.

17. deathinapinkboa

You could switch perspective throughout, giving both Harry's and Snape's. Of course Snape's would all be smug gloating that he has Harry Potter under is thumb. Then Harry kills his ass.

That would be simply lovely.

18. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

If the events at the end of fourth year happened in Harry's first year than he would do nothing but die. He wouldn't be able to escape Voldemort and one quick killing curse would off him because he would have no idea what it was and wouldn't be able to dodge it. And Handicapped!Harry is on my nukem list. Who the hell wants to read about how hard of a damn time Harry is having without an arm? I want to read an Indy!Harry fic not a humanitarian piece. And I'm pretty sure Quirrel didn't have Nagini to make Voldemort an almost human form. I think there are loads of easier to pull off ways to make Harry grow up faster with or without the eventual decent to Snape!SpankingTime!Harry.

19. xcel

xcel Looked into the void

Harry turns into Darth Vader = awesome

I'd read it.

20. KenderCleric

:wall:

There are no words to properly describe my feelings about your statement. In the interest of preserving what sanity I have left I will simply beseech God to strike down anyone idiotic enough to attempt to write, or read, such a fiction.

I shall also have to make a greater effort in the future to indicate what is meant to be a bad joke and what is actually a plot idea. Apparently there are some among us unable to tell the difference.