1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

Complete broad-shouldered beasts by bullroars - M - Jurassic World

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by TheWiseTomato, Sep 21, 2016.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Title: broad-shouldered beasts
    Author: bullroars
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Fandom: Jurassic World
    Pairings: Owen Grady/Claire Dearing
    Summary: Claire Dearing has successfully run Jurassic World for seven years without a major incident.

Trust Owen Grady to fuck that up.

(Or, three months prior to the Indominus Event, Vic Hoskins makes a bad decision, Owen Grady goes missing, and four six-foot, three hundred pound murder lizards escape into Claire's park. She can hear Alan Grant shouting, "I told you so!" from Montana.) Link

Enjoyable retelling of Jurassic World. Some parts stay a little too close to the movie, but others veer off course enough to make it rather enjoyable overall. 4/5.

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

Nice clear writing, and consistent characterisation. I would've liked to have links to pictures of the characters or something, simply because it's been a while since I saw the film, but there's nothing stopping me from doing it myself - it's just that Ao3 would've allowed the author to put them in.

Whilst it does change the plotline details, it doesn't change the broad strokes of it - and think the story suffers for that. This is an AU story, and it is a significant change, but things still work out pretty similar.

But yeah, it's an enjoyable story. 4/5 without worries from me.