Complete broad-shouldered beasts by bullroars - M - Jurassic World

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by TheWiseTomato, Sep 21, 2016.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Title: broad-shouldered beasts
    Author: bullroars
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Fandom: Jurassic World
    Pairings: Owen Grady/Claire Dearing
    Summary: Claire Dearing has successfully run Jurassic World for seven years without a major incident.

Trust Owen Grady to fuck that up.

(Or, three months prior to the Indominus Event, Vic Hoskins makes a bad decision, Owen Grady goes missing, and four six-foot, three hundred pound murder lizards escape into Claire's park. She can hear Alan Grant shouting, "I told you so!" from Montana.) Link

Enjoyable retelling of Jurassic World. Some parts stay a little too close to the movie, but others veer off course enough to make it rather enjoyable overall. 4/5.

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

Nice clear writing, and consistent characterisation. I would've liked to have links to pictures of the characters or something, simply because it's been a while since I saw the film, but there's nothing stopping me from doing it myself - it's just that Ao3 would've allowed the author to put them in.

Whilst it does change the plotline details, it doesn't change the broad strokes of it - and think the story suffers for that. This is an AU story, and it is a significant change, but things still work out pretty similar.

But yeah, it's an enjoyable story. 4/5 without worries from me.