1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Broken Glass by GenericOregairuFan - T - MyTeenRomanticComedySNAFU

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Jordi, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Jordi

Jordi Squib

Title: Broken Glass
    Author: GenericOregairuFan
    Rating: T
    Genre: Mystery/Drama
    Fandom: My Teen Romatic Comedy SNAFU
    Pairings: None
    Summary: Hayama Hayato is dead. Suicide, at Miura Yumiko's birthday party. Or at least, that's the police verdict: Hachiman has never been one to accept things at face value...
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13134847/1/Broken-Glass

Don't be turned off because of the fandom, this is mainly a murder mistery, you don't have to be too knowledgeable of the setting of the anime, you can enjoy it as it is, the author does a good job of giving all the characters some background so that you can fill in the blanks yourself even if you haven't seen the anime.

As of now it has nine chapters, around 40k words, so only a chapter or two to finish the story. It is well written, I could only spot some minor mistakes here and there, and it kept me engaged in the story enough to give it a second read and try to find the solution to the murder.

I would rate the story so far with a 4.5/5, pending the ending, because even with some longer chapters I didn't feel the need to skim sections of text, neither did I find anything that broke immersion.

2. fire

fire Order Member

3. Jordi

Jordi Squib

I don't think I can recommend any other story for someone who doesn't particularly care about the anime, they are all average in my opinion, or a guilty pleasure.
    Out of those, I would say the ones that I remember the most are Obsession and Interwined, both by 80K Hikigaya.

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

If you read this can you take time to give a review and tell others why you think its a good fandom/worth the read? I'm not familiar with it myself and I'm not seeing anything here that makes me want to engage with it. Its not just the fandom that I'm wary of.

5. fire

fire Order Member

Basically, it's a brilliant deconstruction - and reconstruction - of the typical anime rom-com, and through its very likeable, sympathetic and all-too-human characters we get a wonderful exploration of love and cynicism and coming-of-age.

This review (non-spoilerish) gives a pretty good summary of what people enjoy and admire about Oregairu.