1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Broken Mind Fractured Soul by SensiblyTainted - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Zero, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Title: Broken Mind, Fractured Soul
    Author: SensiblyTainted
    Rating: M
    Genre: Angst/Drama
    Pairings: None
    Summary: What if there was a darker truth hidden in Harry's story? Summer before third year, Harry begins to question his memory blanks. What happens when he finds himself before Snape for help? [includes mentor Severus, MPD, child abuse, protective Remus]
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2529586/1/

This story is pretty good. Harry with multiple personaility disorder which he aquired during his stay with the Dursleys.

There's Harry who's the core personaility and pretty much canon!Harry. Then there's Silas who represents his slytherin personailty you know, cunning, sneaky, paranoid etc. etc.
    There's Gabriel who's the gryffindor really. Brave, Rash, kinda slow but magically powerful.
    There are three more but I can really remember much about them except their names. (Boy, Rose and Demon.)

The fic is quite dark, a little too much angst on some parts. Plus some parts which I KNOW will piss people off on this site.

I'll give a 7 out of 10.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I think I'll like the multiple personality part, and the fic is long, which is what I need right now. So I'll try it out.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I think I remember trying this one out, but blatant angst + child abuse + Snape stopped me from continuing this beyond the first chapter.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I remember reading most of this story but I stopped. Either it got shit or it was the last chapter at the time and I never got back to it.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

I've read up to chapter 19, and so far, it's been pretty good. Kept me interested at least. There are some parts I just don't like, like the Ron and Hermione bashing, but I can get over that.

6. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

7. Ginny Killer 2.0

Ginny Killer 2.0 Third Year

right behind you breathing down your neck
    i started to read this one but i found that it was to slow. to many plot holes if i remember right. its fine in the beggining but then it gets way to repetitive. i wouldnt suggest reading it you will be scared afterwords lol

8. Piccaboo!

Piccaboo! Second Year

I found this an ok read. There are a lot of things that bug me, but Silas i like. It helps that the author updates often.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I like how Silas is the core personality... which means he is the real Harry Potter. I reckon thats good since he would have been pretty sneaky, sly, ect, around the Dursley's to try avoid beatings... even in canon he would have had to have some wit and the hat did want to put him in Slytherin. I dont by that scar connection was the reason crap.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

The story is a little slow, but I can get that, Harry can't heal overnight. Silas...he's pissing me off a little in the later chapters, but overall I like him the most.

11. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

First of, I'm fully aware that this thread is over a year old. Library threads are immune from the Necro ban however, so I decided to post my review.

A fair warning for those who've never read this before: The sequel is H/D Slash. I only know that because of it's summary.

I was very hesitant to read this story at first, but I eventually complied out of boredom. The beginning was pretty interesting, despite the child abuse. The alternate personalities were a lot of fun, and I liked the author's rendition of the first three years. The plot started to slow down after that though, and I noticed quite a few slashy hints. I jumped to the last chapter to check if it was slash or not, and unknowingly ended up on the graveyard scene. Let's just say that it's far from DLP material, and leave it at that. I promptly lost all interest, and stopped reading. The H/D slash factor was the final nail in the coffin.

I would have given this story a 3/5, but then I suddenly remembered this:
    Taken directly from author notes of chapter twelve.

12. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

I dunno, it was good at first, and I like the personalities of Harry's alternates, but after a while, it just gets boring. Plus, sensitive!caring!not-such-an-asshole!Snape just doesn't work for me. He's not a nice guy, so why do people continue trying to portray him as one?

It's very original, and it's obvious that the author really did their homework, but it just gets too slow to be truly enjoyable. 3/5