1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Bungle in the Jungle: A Harry Potter Adventure by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Title: Bungle in the Jungle: A Harry Potter Adventure
    Author: jbern
    Category: Action/Adventure/General
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 23
    Words: 189,882
    Updated: May 8, 2007
    Published: April 12, 2006

Link (ff.net): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2889350/1/
    Link (FFA): http://jbern.fanficauthors.net/Bungle_in_the_Jungle/index/
    Summary: If you read just one fiction tonight make it this one. Go inside the mind of Harry Potter as he deals with betrayals, secrets and wild adventures. Not your usual fanfic.

Okay here is my new story! I have the first 3 chapters written and will publish on opposite weeks from To Fight the Coming Darkness. I have decided to use only Harry's perspective in this story. You see what he sees. You hear what he thinks. It's actually a second person perspective. I need to give a big thanks to IP82, KillGinny009, Fairy Qilan and Smeagolita for ideas and helping me make this interesting.

Jim

Jbern started a sequel:

Title: Turn Me Loose:
    DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=7086&highlight=3759007
    Link (ff.net): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3759007/1/Turn-Me-Loose-A-Harry-Potter-Adventure
    Link (FFA): http://jbern.fanficauthors.net/Turn_Me_Loose_A_Harry_Potter_Adventure/index/

Checked by Minion, July 27, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
  2. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

I like this... Good idea but its to soon to judge/

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

ixazncha0six, THANKS! Well, I don't know about the style. It seems rather forced and gimmicky.THat said, I love your stories, so I'll read it anyway. But...I don't know. Its a more confrontational type of style, and really separates the reader from the story. I think first person is better, and gives the same effect, but its your call.

4. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

trust me, it gets interesting, hard to handle at parts but definetly new and original, if you can figure out what's going on in chapter 2 then you will understand why i personally like it so much..

5. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Felt like I was playing a fps or a rpg video game, only just reading it instead, that I really enjoyed.

/Myst

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I read Chapter 1. Where's 2?

And it was difficult and annoying. That said, its a great story. Once again, anyone else, I would have said, "Fuck this, its more trouble than its worth." Frankly, I'm still on the fence. Either way, I'll read the next chapter. I guess I'll decide from there.

7. shlager_5321

shlager_5321 First Year

it looks to be an ok story
    but it still is to early to judge
    the writing style was a bit confusing at the begining but you get used to it
    and i especially liked the line :
    but in the end there was also a WTF? moment becuase i didnt understand anything besided the fact the he fought inferi in gringotts and that Bill Weasly was there and for some reason Ron betreyed him and Bill knows about it...
    (if the author can explain it will be most appericiated)

8. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

.... This story is... unique. Ill give u that. Aside from some interesting ideas it sucks ass. Ron betraying -- screams of cliche!

9. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Chapter 2 is up

Chapter 2 is up Chapter 3 is done, but I am going to hold it for two weeks to offset it from my other story.

Chuck - Glad you are giving it a try. It may not be up your alley. I think it is going to be either a love it or hate it story.

Myst - Glad it is up your alley. Stick around for the ride.

Shlager - It's supposed to be a bit confusing there at the beginning. Chapter 2 takes you back a few months to see how this all began. Let me know what you think after reading this chapter.

Tridentwatch - Well that's your opinion. I use cliches, but I put my own spin on them. So try chapter 2 maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. You'll see it wasn't just Ron though.

Happy reading,
    Jim

10. sirius009

chapter 2 confuses you too hell at first, but then you get to the end and it all makes sense, then chapter 3 comes along and it all comes together..
    Oh chuck, me, ip, and fairyquilan, and smeag something or another have all helped him work out the kinks..

11. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Oops. I did forget to put any acknowledgements in this chapter. At least I credited everyone at the start of the story.

Jim

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I liked the end of that chapter only. I really disliked having to be in the head of a Ginny/Hermione Crazed!Harry, it was gross but it made it more realistic.

Only reason ppl get confused is because hes being obliviated, makes it seem confusing, but its not... It is just this reading is much more challanging... then other fanfics, which I enjoy. Keep it up.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I really hope Harry does something really bad to them... really, really bad. Like, something to ruin their reputations... making them perform some type of 'act' and taking pictures for the media... yes, that'd be lovely.

I like it. I kinda like how... they dont want to hurt him, ya know? They think what they are doing is for the greater good, they really believe that. They arent all 'H8 teh Pott0r'.

Keep it up. :D

14. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

It's too bad Harry just wants to jet the hell out of there instead of being real devious.

Take advantage of the girl they give him, wait until they're alone and reveal true sadist nature. Show them love by giving them pain, yea? Magic can't be traced to a specific person at the Burrow.

Time to learn a proper Crucio?
    Perhaps it's time to find out if the Repairo charm works on muscle and bone, after breaking a few of course.
    Practice some Imperio on Ron, have him rape the Bushy Beaver?

All done? Bam, Obliviate.

Oh well, so the story isn't quite as evil or vengeful as I'd be. It's still a neat read so far.

15. shlager_5321

shlager_5321 First Year

just read the second chapter and i must say that i am starting to like this writing style!
    i think that the idea the Harry needs someone to "love" so he can kill Moldie-Voldie is an old one but i really liked the spin that you put to it -

spoiler alert

like at first they thought that Hermione should be the one to "date" Harry and then becuase Ron told Her how He felt she decided to back out of it and then they obliviated! Harry and made him think that it was Ginny that he was dating all along! - really nice switch in the plot - not something that you see often.
    spoiler ended

in the end the story also started making sense.
    update soon.

16. sirius009

don't care really, i was just answering chucks earlier question..

17. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Well the reactions have been positive to chapter 2. So far so good.

Myst - I actually don't mind a well done Ginny or Hermy fic. I just don't intend to write one for awhile. Everyone writes those and not necessarily good ones either. But to do this chapter, I tried to be as sappy and cliche in the beginning as I could and kind of let it all fall apart around him. If the style drives away some readers, I'll deal with it. The ones left are the ones who will appreciate it.

Dark S - In chapter 3 Harry is more interested in getting the hell out of there, but he does fantasize about a bit of revenge similar to what you are thinking. In fact here is a teaser from chapter 3 right up your alley.

What the hell! Go ahead and look at Hermione’s heaving funbags. Why the heck not? They are treating you like an object. Turnabout is fair play. Well actually when you think about it, fair play in this case would involve would involve your cloak, Colin Creevy’s camera, Hermione naked in the shower, a pair of soapy funbags, a spell that creates about a hundred duplicates of a picture, and your owl making deliveries to every male in the fifth, sixth and seventh year boy. Maybe you could caption it. ‘The Head Girl is giving you detention for some good clean fun!’

Hope you enjoy the excerpt. Its nice to know warped minds think alike. You are correct. His 'friends' mean well. Dumbledore has a reason for all this. You'll find out just as soon as Harry does.

Shuujaku - He's not an ultraviolent Harry. Actually given the way I am writing it, I should say that you are not ultraviolent yet. We'll see how you feel about you 'friends' when you get back. You've gotta couple of months to think things through.

Shlager - Glad you are enjoying the style. I enjoy putting spins on tired old cliches. Of course, Dumbledore is convinced that Harry needs to love. That's just one guys opinion.

Chapter 3 will be out in 2 weeks. I have chapter 14 of Darkness to finish its about 75 percent done. Then I'll jump on chapter 4 of this fic. My goal is to stay at least one chapter ahead so I can keep up the quality.

Jim

18. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

Hermoine in the shower? ooh I am definately gonna go back to this fic. Never seen that before.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Of course, the whole Herm/Ginny switch begs one important query. Why would ANYBODY choose the idiotic sidekick over the actual hero? Makes no sense.

20. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I love the story, though you should put less huge chunks of paragraphs it's annoying to read and hurts people's eyes....by people I mean me. Yet again, love the story.