1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

C2 Tom Riddle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alec, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Alec

Alec Raptured to Hell

Hello, I was just wondering as I have not seen any talked about on this site, if there were any Tom Riddle centric C2's out there?That aren't slash and stuff but just about his childhood and ascent into madness?I have yet to see any kind of c2 and I don't see to many stories about it at all.The only one I have read is the (Broken Victory) which was one of the most amazing written works I have ever read.

So if anyone could help me,I haven't see any on this site either,maybe im just not looking hard enough?

2. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I don't know of any C2s and didn't spot any (other than a goofy one with humor oneshots called "Voldemort's Lair") but I usually hear two frequent recommendations in this field. You mentioned Broken Victory, but if you've not read it I know Nemesis's I am Lord Voldemort has been around for a long while.

There's also a yahoogroup with links you can view without joining the group here: Riddlefics

3. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I haven't seen many myself, but I thought it was interesting you wrote "ascent into madness" rather than "descent into madness".

Is there anything we need to know about you and your values? :)

4. Alec

Alec Raptured to Hell

You need to know many things haha, I truly love the Dark Arts and there Evil uses rather then the Light Arts. So,I think all magic users are on the *crap* level (=Light Arts)and then Ascend up into the Dark Arts level :)

Thanks a bunch Nonjon your a real pal!. I think after reading Broken Victory I have really wanted some riddle fics that are nonslash oriented. I don't know,theres something about Tom Riddle and his *cough* ascent into darkness that is so alluring and just appeals to me.:)

5. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I was trying to think of the story by Nemesis earlier. It's the best Riddle centric fic I've seen to date, and a great read. There really should be more about Tom and his rise to darkness.

6. Alec

Alec Raptured to Hell

Seriously,alas I don't think there are any Tom Riddle stories that start from his birth and end with him at Deathly Hallows. I think that would be awesome,ove 70+ years of story telling in 1 story,except they should portray Tom riddle not as evil as he is in Cannon. They should justify what hes done(even though in real life you coulden't but hey it's fanfiction)

7. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A story that encompassed Riddle's entire life would be almost impossible to write and would take an ungodly amount of time. I don't think anyone will even attempt to write a story that large or in depth.

(wow there's a bunch of people viewing this thread!)

8. Alec

Alec Raptured to Hell

I think the person would be famous if they would ever write a story like that. I mean obviously he/she woulden't go through all 70+ years of detail but they could like skip years and stuff but include all Tom Riddles years of struggle against other Dark Lords in the making and stuff. Of course they would absolutely have to include his struggles with Harry Potter,except hopefully Tom Riddle would Win:)

If you coulden't tell, I like Riddle much better then Potter

9. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year