1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

cannot remember special Slytherin! Harry story..

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by PrometheusII, Jun 16, 2012.

1. PrometheusII

PrometheusII Second Year

Hi guys,

this is my first post at DLP and I must say, this website is great - already, I found lots of reading suggestions here!

Now, for quite some time I have been trying to remember a certain story - I remember one scene:
    Harry (in Slytherin) makes all members of the House - including Snape.. somehow swear oaths as to not hurt other members of slytherin house.... and he tricks people, so in the end he is the only one not swearing the oath, thereby gaining quite the dominance in the house..

Probably it's part of one of the quite well known fics, but I just cannot remember, which! And the scene was so much fun!

So please, can someone point out the correct fic for me?

Thanks!

EDIT:
    I think, ths oath he makes people swear is someting like the "original slytherin house oath of 19xx" or the "original Slytherin house rules" or something like that...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

I do hope it's a crack fic.

3. PrometheusII

PrometheusII Second Year

No, no crackfick!

Maybe I described the scene a bit poorly,but it is a really nice story where Harry is truly "Slytherin" and...

please, someone help me find this story! :)

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It sounds really really terrible.

5. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

The only thing that sounds like it is Athey's Again and Again, with the contract that Harry has his roommates sign (which was very clever).

Unfortunetely, the fic quickly degrades into the same problem that every other one of Athey's suffers from - fluffy gayness. It's not that it's slash, it's that she takes decent plot ideas, works with them for the first couple school years (first few chaps of this fic are good), and then as soon as she starts with the slash (which is usually the point where Harry starts actively working for Voldemort), the quality of the writing takes a nosedive... And then she inevitably get bored/realizes what she writing is crap, and abandons the fic to start something new.

She be a hell of a better writer if she just dropped that aspect altogether (as could several slash writers) - it's not that they make him gay, it's that they make the fic about him being gay - and none of them write it well enough to appeal to the fans both in & outside of that niche.

6. PrometheusII

PrometheusII Second Year

Hey Greener,

thanks for the idea, but this is not the fic I'm looking for.
    I agree about Athey's fics... they could be so great... but after the plot is laid out, nothing interesting happens any more. I'm curious - in "Again and again" there are signs that this might happen - but Harry and Voledemort still have some meaningful political discussions etc so maybe, just maybe this story might stay interesting.

The fic I'm looking for is a bit older. It might be Sitra Ahra... or part of the Sacrifices Ark.. but I just don't know any more! Hmpf!. It's not "On his way to greatness", I think..

7. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

It's part of the Spiral Path, specifically the Tangent '9409 - Spider in the Snake Den'. All previous assertions that it's horrible and a crack-fic may apply.

Enjoy!

8. PrometheusII

PrometheusII Second Year

Ahhhh thanks so much!
    I obviously read and enjoyed that story, but I really didn't remember that that scenewas in there!

And - will you write a "serious" fic sometime, maybe? Or continue the spiral path storyline?

A lot of is is so very weird, but apart from all the weirdness it could be - and is - such a cool story in my opinion :)