1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Font Size

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jamven, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I had a problem while reading Cosa Nostra.

I have to use the +/- functions while reading to increase the font size to be able to read.

The first two chapters of the above story, the function seems to broke. All it does is make the white space between the chapter box selector and the solid light blue header(?) increase.

Once I get to the 3rd chapter the font explodes on my screen and I have reduce the font size... Chapter 4-6 will drop the formating and 7-8 will pick it back up.

I remember this happening when I had Firefox 2 running and it is doing the same thing on Firefox 3rc1. I have yet to try it in IE, i'll give it a try and edit in the results in a few minutes.

*edit*
    It is doing the same thing in IE.

*edit 2*
    Attached is a SS from IE showing the blue bar thingy I was talking about. The only difference with it in FF is that spans across the whole screen.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I'm not quite sure how it was managed, but somehow some ids in the divs survived the filtering process, and corresponded to actual CSS elements, thus breaking the page.

3. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I can't remember the stories, but I remember at least two more having the same problem as I described in the OP. I am not sure how much that little bit of information helps you...

*helpful edit?*
    I just ran it through the W3 HTML validator and it came up with the following results...
    I also ran chapter 3 through it as well only got one error...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

That's my point. Somehow the divs retained their ids which helpfully messed up the page. Removing them will quite easily fix it. I just have to fix the HTML filter.