1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Christchurch Mosque shooting

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Innomine, Mar 15, 2019.

1. TMD

TMD Professor DLP Supporter

2. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This attack reminds me a lot of what took place in Norway with Anders Breivik several years ago. A tragedy, in every sense of the word, but ultimately one that should have been predictable, detectable, and preventable. Hopefully, the NZ security services and other services worldwide learn the lesson that White Racially Motivated Extremism is just as if not more dangerous and systemic to our countries than Islamic terrorism.

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Unspeakable

Fuck off.

4. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

In a town called "Christchurch" (Big Meta Sign) where they accidentally found a large Mossad cell after the earthquake in 2011. The guy apparently traveled a lot, including Pakistan. Professional shooting with extensive planning and also rumours about multiple shooters again like in similar cases. John Podesta also just left NZ. What a "coincidence". And a Manifesto which pretty much lists all the usual talking points to smear certain sites and narratives.

To me this has all the usual signs for a false flag operation.

5. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Headmaster

Ok, no, you can take your tripe and choke on it you disgusting piece of shit.

6. Innomine

Innomine Death Eater Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yep, the usual signs of a false flag operation. The whole point of a false flag operation is for there to be no signs. Do you realise how retarded you sound?

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Jesus fucking christ. Someone is actually believing this is a false-flag operation? My urge to post on DLP is dwindling between this thread and the cesspool that the MCU thread has become as members whine about a powerful female character.

If I wanted to read asinine right-wing hateganda I'd watch Fox News or read a chan.

8. Nazgus

Nazgus Chief Warlock

... Happy to see the banhammer was quick to fall. That sort of shit is disgusting.

9. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Maybe I'm just slow, but was Snapdragon actually suggesting that... this whole thing was a hoax?

10. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Headmaster

That or they were alt-reich themselves, blaming it on being the jews trying to frame them is a line they trot out so much they probably cry 'the jews did it' when they fart on pure feflex.

edit:

Not a 'hoax' as in nothing happened, a false flag.
    That is to say, claiming the shooter was actually a mass-murdering mossad agent just pretending to be a mass-murdering white nationalist.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  11. ScottPress

High Score:
    That's some "9/11 was an inside job" stuff.

12. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Headmaster

That's the wonder of the internet, no longer do the one in a million extreme nutcases who believe that kind of thing have to content themselves to dwelling alone in protective cocoons of tinfoil with a shortwave radio, now they can easily find each other to reinforce their delusions.

13. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

I wish I could say I was surprised, but there's a thread ('started' by Snapdragon) several pages deep in the politics forum that explains this rather perfectly.

14. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Headmaster

Speaking of shitheels pushing falseflag conspiracy theories, Rush Limbaugh.

15. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

A certain well-known (on Twitter) conspiracy nut raised the false flag possibility on the basis of some rando flinging words into the ether*, and their words resonate quite a lot with some, as you put it, shitheels. Expect more of it and for it to make Tucker Carlson's show by the end of the week.

*The conspiracy nut called it a tip, but I'm just cutting the middle man here.

16. Invictus

Invictus Banned

I wouldn't call this man a white supremacist - in the sense that it is being said, as in he's a true believer through and through. He isn't Anders Breivik or Dylan Roof. It is undisputable that he is a racist, and that racism was a motivator, and specially and why he picked his target. But I don't think he's a ideologue, if I had to call him something, it would be that toxic, hard to pinpoint 'ironic' believer that deep down buys some of it but can't admit that.

I would say he is much more similar to the Columbine Shooters. A cynical asshole spouting whatever he thinks will get him attention and doing it a cynically dettached way. He isn't a white supremacist like the shooter in the Orlando Nightclub wasn't an Islamist. Ideology was barely above an excuse. His 72-pages 'manifesto' is basically just one huge copy-paste of memes, and not just 'white supremacy' ones, but also ridiculous shit like the 'gorilla warfare' one. The video shows a maniac, a psycho killing for his own amusement. Hell, even he states he was putting motivation all over the place just to fuck with the media, and this whole false flag shit? Completely on purpose too by him. He left 'hints' like that on purpose, because he knew cynical, self-serving assholes like Limbaugh would pick them up and use it.

Of course, the problem with this line of thought is that how "the man was a psycho" is misused - it's why a white guy doing the shooting is so much less likely to be called a terrorist than a brown guy. Yeah, you have to be a psycho to kill people. Sure. He's an edgy shitlord, whatever. But at some point you're willingly attaching political ideology to your actions, and trying to signal boost that ideology with your actions, and I think you can start discussing the actor's support of the ideology at that point. There is such a thing as trying to claim ideology as a fig leaf, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...by all accounts this guy was committed. And I do think that, since these chans and breeding grounds are for white supremacy and other types of hate that rarely affect white people, the media and the government has been considerably more lax about watching it and attacking it than it is with similar uses by other people - see the entire hunt on IS propaganda.

However, I think it's important to not be deceived by appearances, specially since in this era where everyone had access to the internet and the manifesto and it all, many will look at this guy, and reached similar conclusions - I've seen it. 'This guy isn't a white supremacists! He's just a psycho! All of this is ironic!', because, by picking up the narrative he wants, instead of a deeper and more complex one that would involve acknowledging the entire process and not just one of the end points - white supremacy, the media loses some of the audience that understand the memes but not the complex situation behind, and thus everyone loses.

I don't think cracking down on white supremacy would've stopped this shooter specifically. Other issues, other attitudes were more vital to do this. Namely, the fucking toxic place that places like 8chan and other boards are. A day before this shooting happened, a mass shooting in Brazil, in a school, also happened. 8 teenagers dead, plus two school employees. The perpetrators were two former students who met each other and repeatedly exposed their intent and views where? A Brazilian chan site, initially an 8chan offshoot.

'Ironic' hate, circle-jerk hate and cynicism and obsessive dettachment and resentment are the real problem in situations like this one, and in the chans, those feelings fester and turn into an incredibly toxic place. Does that mean that the Western World doesn't have a problem with white supremacy? Fuck no. Check the FBI numbers. White supremacists killed more people in the last 20 years than islamic terrorists in the USA. Does that mean that he wasn't racist and that we should deal with the racial politics that are omnipresent in the aforementioned toxic enviroment and are if nothing else, a gladly picked 'excuse' for encouraging and celebrating violence. And of course, how chans and likewise places focused on teenagers and young adults are normalizing violence, all forms of hate - racism, anti-semitism, misogyny - in an 'ironic' way where you don't take it seriously, too much until something like this happens.

While we should go after white supremacy, we cant lose sight of this other large issue, something that is creeping up more and more in society. We need to also address this toxic environment and suicidal violent nihiism.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  17. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Great. Just had a denial video linked on a friend's timeline.

Christ almighty (said the agnostic), people disgust me sometimes.

18. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

So in Australia we have this fuckwit independent Senator called Fraser Anning who, through technical fuckery and the sacrifice of a leprechaun, managed to get elected off 19 primary votes. This particular chucklefuck made comments blaming the shooting in Christchurch on Muslim immigration, making a direct link between it and violence. Normally I'd be all for ignoring the man so dinosauric that he left/was kicked out of both other old people/bogan racist parties, but then something happened, something that gives me great hope for Australia's youth.

A young lad of 17 egged Anning in the back of the head, and it was all caught on film. Instead of taking it with what little dignity he had left though, he turned around and belted the kid not once, but twice, and then the kid was tackled and sat on by four or five racist bogans supporters of the Senator. The kid, we'll call him Eggsy, was led away by police but later released without charge. A fundraising page has already been started to cover any of Eggsy's legal fees and to buy 'more eggs'. A number of Australian music artists including Hilltop Hoods have already reached out to Eggsy and offered free entry to any of their shows should he be interested.

In times like these you've gotta take joy in the little things, like a blatant racist and closet nazi admirer making a complete cock of himself on the national stage.

19. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

This should be in the poltiics section?

Ban Scott Press

Also why do y'all only care about muslims when its one gunman and not drones?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  20. ScottPress

High Score:
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019