1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Christchurch Mosque shooting

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Innomine, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I was in a very busy mall today when this happened, was interesting to see what is usually a very loud mall get very quite, not a single person (aside from 1 baby) made any noise.

2. Innomine

Innomine Order Member Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I was a part of the silent march from Otago uni to the stadium where Dunedin’s vigil was held. It was quite strange to be a part of a crowd of thousands, with no sound but footsteps.

3. Invictus

Invictus Banned

Not really. Its a powerful and beautiful speech, specially to a reeling community that is certainly feeling alienated and terrified. But like I said, the tough questions aren't about prejudice, or white supremacy, or 'radical islamism' or whatever - these are strong things that we all rationally should condemn, its about the media show that made such attacks so common and encourages more and more for repetition. This speech wasn't about asking tough questions in my view, but more like 'we will fight on the beaches, on the fields', but spiritually, about true, internal jihad by the heart against the terrible feelings this act creates in his community.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay @Invictus, regardless of any opinions people might hold, what you said in that last paragraph was just fucking beautiful.