1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Clash of the Titans

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Boo, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Boo

Boo Auror

Clash of the Titans (2010 film)

In the film, the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Neeson) and unleash hell on Earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.

Release date(s) March 26, 2010

Clash of the Titans (2010) Trailer

I dont really remember much about the original. Just something about the giant scorpions and the big thing that comes out of the sea to eat virgins. Oh and that metal owl.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Liam Neeson as Zeus ? Ralph Fiennes as Hades? This...could be win. I probably wouldn't see it otherwise, as remakes tend to suck.

Worthington's also in that trippy weirdfuck movie Avatar. Looks like he's getting some pretty neat roles.

EDIT: Also:

DONE DEAL, I'm seeing this.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  3. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

I also agree. This has the great possibility of being awesome. I love movies like this. And I love Liam Neeson so it's pretty much a done deal.

4. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

OP's link got shut down. Try this one (dunno how long it'll last).

I feel like Gerard Butler will be watching this movie and sneering the whole time.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  5. Rumbleroar

Rumbleroar Seventh Year

Quoted for Win.

The more I watch this Trailer, the more I know I'm going to see it and squeal like a fanboy. Looks like it'll be awesome.

6. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Necro because its out now and I dont wanna start a new thread.

Saw this today and it was... pretty bad. A few of the characters were neat, but most of them weren't even two dimensional. Things were cliche enough that I almost knew what was going to happen next. (Yes, I realize its a remake, but you should know what I mean.) Everyone had a different accent too.

Plus they kill off almost EVERYONE at the end of the movie in the space of 5 minutes.

2/10. Good special effects but that was about it. It would have worked better as a mini-series or tv show.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  7. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I'm rather fond of this review in The Atlantic.

A couple choice quotes: