1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Clouded Sky by Negrek - K+ - Pokemon

Discussion in 'Games' started by sincostan, Feb 15, 2010.

1. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Title: Clouded Sky
    Author: Negrek
    Category: WIP
    Rating: K
    Pairings: none (OC story)
    Chapters: 47
    Words: 252,760
    Updated: October 25, 2012
    Published: November 25, 2004

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2146127/1/Clouded_Sky
    Summary: The truths upon which Tobias's life was founded are shattered, leaving him stranded in a strange, dangerous world. Soon he can no longer tell whether his enemy lies in the ones who hunt him or within himself. After all, evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Recommended by Chaoticblues, I think this is a great story about a trainer on the run.

Checked by Minion, May 12, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
  2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Murkrows are awesome.

That aside, this story is interesting. Although it doesn't catch me like the Sun Soul, it has a broad flavor. The plot doesn't really feel like it's been planned out, and jumps suddenly around the fifteenth chapter, and 30th chapter, and 38th chapter.

What brings this story down for me is the fact that it took 5 years to get this far. It'll be another 5 before it ends, too (if it keeps up like this). The author has a habit of disappearing I guess. Still, it has some fun and moderately surprising twists.
    Tobias is starting to become some sort of dark jedi lol.

4/5

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  3. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

This is a great story. I read it a while ago. It's very different from most OC-trainer stories.

4. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Oh yeah, I forgot we were supposed to open a new thread when recommending XD.

5. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Not really; it's different. I've read some of the other recommendations, but I started a new thread for this story since I thought it's actually good enough to be considered for the Library. =D

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Normally I really loathe OC fics, but I'll give it a chance.

7. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

OC fics are better in the Pokemon fandom then Ash or Red fics are.

8. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Agreed somewhat. Some of the best "darker" Pokemon fics are OC fics, because they create the grimdark Pokemon derivative world with their own characters and strive harder to make it original, rather than age Ash and Co up a bit before making a shipping story or whatever, or to use the games as a template for how their fic should go. However, The Sun Soul is an excellent "darker" Pokemon fic that has Ash and co, though I admit that it works better because it shows what a departure this fic is from lofty canon days (And turning Jesse and James into badasses is just great).

However, I am not here to diatribe about the fandom, so I shall finish reading this one and post a real review later in this same post.

9. lanceavalon

lanceavalon Seventh Year

Pokemon fics with Ash as the main character would be much more interesting if they had Ash and the gang acting as real teenage girls and boys would while out on there own in the world with no adult supervision.

Instead unless it is a lemon, the best these retards can come up with is holding hands acting like there damn near genderless. :mad: