1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Coming out as a Slytherin | Ars Technica

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Genghiz Khan, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

Link (Ars Technica)

This is how it starts:

TL;DR: The article talks about a published author, a member of the LGBTQ community, talking about being Slytherin being equivalent to something like being gay or lesbian. Which is exemplified by these paragraphs lifted from the middle of the article:

I thought it interesting that the author is a self-declared fanfic writer. She's been writing on livejournal for quite a while; the latest entries seem to be from March 2017. What do you guys think of what's written there?

About the Author:

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Plenty of slash on that LJ. I think that tells me everything I need to know.

3. Puff n Stuff's Hufflepuff

Puff n Stuff's Hufflepuff Squib

High Score:
    I think it's a rather funny article, and while one could make the argument that "Slytherphobia" is related to "Homophobia" just based on syntax, the semantics and history behind both homosexuality and slytherin-ism (?) are very different. The slytherin house is built on pride and prejudice above all else, often times placing themselves above muggles and mudbloods in addition to bullying others to push their agenda. Whereas the LGBT community is just a bunch of people who want to be happy. In my opinion, there is an understandable weariness when approaching slytherins especially when their beloved Tom Riddle is the opponent in the given battle (many slytherins are the spawn of deatheaters). What do I know though, I'm just an internet heckler.

4. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Still makes more sense than the "Snape is transgender" theory.