1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

cool NON magical animagus

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by cazten, Mar 6, 2006.

1. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

I wonder why people never look to old exstict species for animagus forms? its always some kinda bird or lion, and if not that its gotta b something cool and magical?

Im personally gunna look into history for something totally wicked. I mean look a this! http://www.state.nd.us/ndfossils/Education/trunks/Trunk Images 030609/plesioshark.jpg the Plesiosaurs

Theres some pretty wicked stuff you can get, any many of it is non-dinasour.

Its too bad though that i cant seem to think of any good battle scenes that would be in water, becuase i find some of the coolest stuff to be water based.

2. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Lol an animagus form of a T-Rex.... I can see Draco soiling himself now.... Heck I can see half the wizards soiling selfs now.

3. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

I dont know why but i personally dont think an actualy Dinasour form would be that cool, but im not one for super power forms asnd such.

Once of those 30 foot aligators wouldnt be to bad though lol.

or the cats. I forget the name but theres an extinct lion sort thing too. Lived not too long ago, but it was only like 250 lbs and could bite 3X as hard as the biggist lions today which are like 500+.
    Only thing i dont like about cats is EVERYONE uses the damn sabertooth.

4. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Hehe yea, I read one fic where Snape(damn it though wasnt Harry) was a Velcoraptor(spelling)

Be interesting if someone was a Mammoth :p

/Myst

5. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

heck yes lol! Whooly mamoths are my favorite animals ever. I just dont see how it would surivve long in a DE battle.

My problem is finding a believable species to fit Harry, then finding one thats actually useful.

Cats are obviously cool since they are hunters. (good for independant!Harry).
    Birds work great cuase Harry loves to fly, and they can still be used as reconaissance.
    Snakes are cool, but are getting overused so its not really appealing to me anymore.
    Other small rodents or bug would be useful for escaping sticky situations.

I think the area most people run into is they want to give Harry something that can fight in large scale battles, hense we get stuff like the nundu, dragons, pheonix, ect.

The only Non-Magical way i could really think to do that would be a mesozoic ero creaure, something with tough hide/scales. The only problem with this is not much is known about those creature habbits so fitting one to his personality is hard. So most people would take the route of T-Rex, and argue that he fits Harry becuase its a predator and Harry is a DE Hunter.

Im pissed though becuase the coolest creatures are all the oceanic ones (in my opinion) and DE fight on land! YAAAAARHG

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Cazten...I think you know by now that this belongs in the FanFic Discussion forums...

7. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

Under fanfic discussion it says "Looking for a Beta reader or a special fic. This is the place for you."

Therefore i didnt post anything in there that didnt have to do with looking for a beta reader or searching for a specific fic...

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yes. True. But it is not limited to that. Look at the title. FanFic Discussion. In other words, a Discussion about things that have to do with FanFiction. What does this topic deal with? Just ask yourself that before you start a new topic.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Anyway... T Rex wouldnt scare wizards too much... I mean, they have dragons. Dinosaurs... I dont know... they arent magical so thats okay, but it'd only be good if the persons personality matched the form in some way.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I always thought a koala would be a kickass non-mag animagus form...

They are the stoners of the animal world.

11. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    How about a giant man-eating bird? We do have some proof of these actually existing at one point as there have been some skulls discovered that have talon marks on them.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The one where Severus is a velociraptor is in the Amulet of Time Series: Number Four I believe by Luna the Moonmonster. (Strange I know) It's a Harry/Ginny fic but Harry already has a son, which turns out being his ancestor cause he had sex with Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter. It's a time-travel fic if you ahven't already realised. I'd recommend to anyone and must insist you all ready it.

P.S. The H/G isn't badly written cause they're both really mature (being tortured in Grindewald's WWII Prison camp can do that to you. :D

Here's the link to her profile: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/180388/

Enjoy.

On the Harry being a T-Rex thing - I find that he becomes just too god like in that form. Though him fighting T-Rex's is awesome (read a few fics with T-Rex's in (I.e. Flying Without a Broom which is the funniest fic ever written)) and they're pretty good. I think Harry as a velociraptor is better, though I haven't found a fic with him as one. :(

Anyways that's my ten pence so have fun arguing amongst yourselves.
    Aekiel.

13. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

not my favorite animagus and i don't know if it has been done before, but wouldn't it be funny if Harry was a Sponge animagus..

14. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I still say Harry should be a goldfish animagus.

Can you imagine the reaction he would get if all of a sudden he turned into a goldfish in the final battle? Complete with the fishbowl and water, of course.

15. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I wonder what would happen to someone if they were a goldfish animagus. After all Goldfish forgets after 10 minutes. Would that mean they would forget that they are a animagus? Hey, maybe that is what Neville would be if he ever became one.

16. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

a goldfish is a good one, what if he changes for the first time in the final battle and ends up suffocating b/c he is a goldfish with no water, maybe that is the power he knows not..