1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Coven of The Rose by C. Rose - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Jun 12, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Coven of The Rose
    Author: C. Rose
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor
    Pairings: None
    Summary: Harry's escaped from Azkaban and wants Revenge! Now this isn't your normal everyday kind of revenge, Harry is a second generation Marauder with a bone to pick with just about everyone that thinks they can just discard him like a worn out shoe.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2974749/1/

This is the kind of "betrayed by all, sent to Azkaban" story I could grow to like. Harry is not ranting, angsting or killing his betrayers - he's pranking them. First two chapters are a bit weak and unrealistic (especially the way he conveniently stumble upon the treasure trove of knowledge), but the things really heat up in the next two, when the prank war starts.

All in all, the story is A-OK, offers a good laugh now and then, but not hilarious in any way. Good read.

Excript:

2. Element

Element Seventh Year

Mmm, its a fun read when there's nothing better and you don't want anything that taxes the mind. Not extremely funny by any means, and most of the humour is juvenile and strained. Mistakes like Mrs. Skitter for Ms. Skeeter and Alistair for Alastor also bring it down. Overall, pretty fun, and its a simple nice read.

3. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Excellent so far, but I can just see this turning out to be some fluffy, bullshit fic, with Harry forgiving everyone.

*Wants to see Hermione and the Weasley's get pranked, but thinks the author will have Harry forgive them for "not liking" the plan.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, I'm pissed how Hermione is already on the road to redemption. And that road is - feel sorry. That's it. Feel sorry and Harry shall forgive you... Bitch!Harry sucks ass.

5. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

I don't care about the atrocious spelling or the lackluster writing style in which the author deems it fit to insert him/herself into the narration.

I don't care about the complete idiocy and lack of thought behind Dumbledore's plan . . . especially when it is established that Voldemort is back, and thus Harry's story was true and yet . . he's still in Azkaban for the murder of Cedric.

I don't care about obese!Remus, prat!Ron, redeemable!Hermione, or whinybitch!Molly.

But, I do absolutely fucking love it when Harry puts Fudge over his knee and gives him a spanking and a good scolding.

6. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

LOL thats hilarious... Well he needs to forgive for fic closure... but that doesn't mean he can't stop pranking. I really hope Harry keeps up the pranks.

Edit: Fudge getting spanked was funny. But I liked the Babbon Vernon more... BWAHAHAHAHA

7. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

*Sweatdrops anime style* heh heh, Yeeeaaah, why do I hang out here again? People have less of a life than I do.

8. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

Because despite having no lives . . . we're still cooler than most of the people you know.

9. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Amusing, very amusing. Just what I needed after spending the entire day painting my family house...

10. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Oh dear lord... I should not have read this at work. It took all I had to not burst out laughing at the new chapter.

11. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Amusing, but I liked So Sue Me better.

12. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated, with 500% more potty jokes (by weight).
    Yes there are funnier fics, but this one has a certain
    light-hearted charm.
    I will get my revenge by driving the whole world crazy?

13. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

Danm you! When you said it was updated I found that the update you were speaking about happened on the twenty seventh last month:(

14. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This was alright; another one of those fics that tries to emulate the absurdist humor of 'Make A Wish.'

Harry is framed and sent to Azkaban as part of Dumbledore's master plan. After two years he gets a power-up from the astral projection of a powerful wizard and finally escapes. He locates a safehouse which conveniently has all the resources and spellbooks that he could ever need.

From there he gets his revenge on the wizarding world, which consists of pranking everyone who screwed him over. Rita Skeeter, the Dursleys, Fudge, Dumbledore, etc., each get a unique, humiliating, and sometimes funny comeuppance.

The humor is okay, for the most part, but not great. It consists mostly of bizarre things happening around Harry. Here's a sample:

I can't see that being everyone's cup of tea. It's an okay read when you want something that's silly and doesn't take itself too seriously.

3/5

15. AcheronBlake

AcheronBlake Squib

I just have to say that I am leery of this story right off the bat. I hate the Azkaban!Harry who gets released/escapes and forgives everybody just becuase they feel bad. That sad, I can not deny the hilarity of this story. I was rolling on the floor with laughter. Really disturbed my friends.

16. The Wrath of Letheus

The Wrath of Letheus First Year

As a newb I don't know if I get a chance to review this story but I don't give a shit=) I liked it...Could have followed the story line better. I found a few parts where it contradicted itself. All in all I was roflmao!