1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Crypotocurrency

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Ched, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Cas

Cas DA Member

Yeah pretty much. I've got a limit as to what I will spend, not just going to keep investing in all the coins under 1p, but £50-£100 on two or three really cheap ones seems to me a good way to potentially make some good money.

I read up on them first, see what they're all about, not just blind investing. The last one is a bit of a blind investment, I don't know too much about SWC, and there's not really too much info on their website, but it came recommended to me, via one of my dads business partners. May go nowhere, in which case I've lost £50, or it could go to £2 (or hopefully more) and I'd have over £50k.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

That's more or less what the lower market cap ones are. The exchanges are filled with pump and dump schemes for various cryptos, as there's really no meaningful regulation of it.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

I was going to read up on this one, but Swisscoin appears to be SIC not SWC?
    https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/swisscoin/

4. Cas

Cas DA Member

Yep it is SIC at the minute, but they recently (can't remember exact date) forked into SWC. From what I can gather, the SWC will be the Swisscoin going forward.

From what I read about SIC, they put something out on the internet (or maybe was hacked) about mining SIC, and apparently someone mined 40billion before they were supposed to be released, and dumped them onto the markets. After that they made the decision to have a fork into SWC. You can buy either on sites like coinexchange.io.
    If I am reading into it correct, people who bought SIC before the fork date, will automatically have their currency converted into SWC. If you buy now, you keep what you buy.

Just had a quick look at their official twitter feed, looks like they will be keeping both SIC and SWC, so could well be a guess as to what's the best one to gamble on.

They have requested to add SWC to worldcoinindex and are hopefully going to be listed soon.

5. wordhammer

wordhammer Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter