1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Q4 II 2019 Flash Story Competition

Prompt: Magical Fairytales
    Length: 800 - 1.2k
    Get Writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Mage, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So as most of you who have looked at the Fantasy Football thread know, Eidolonic and I are both huge football junkies, and one of the perfect avenues to fulfill our addiction is Daily Fantasy Football. If you're in the US then you've no doubt seen the billion commercials for "one day leagues" on DraftKings and FanDuel. These are the two major players in Daily Fantasy currently, though by no means the only options. I thought it would be good for this to have it's own thread since we clogged the fantasy thread up pretty terribly. Also, this could serve to highlight

Now, for those that don't know, Daily Fantasy Football is basically just one week fantasy football with a salary cap. After each week you're able to draft a new team (or multiple teams) and enter new contests. It gets a lot more nuanced as you start to play, but those are the basics of what daily is. Now the fun part, why should you be interested? The biggest thing to me is that every week there's something on the line. For me the best parts of a season are the draft, and then the final weeks where you'll be able to see who's making the championship. Don't get me wrong, I love season long. However, Daily compliments it perfectly.

I could go on and on about it, however I'll link to a writer with a lot more experience than I do for talking about the Basics. Here's a newcomers guide to Daily Fantasy Football on Rotogrinders. Don't live or die by this, but it should give a pretty idea as to the basics. The most important things to learn about are Bankroll management, and contest selection. This touches upon both of those.

Lastly, there are several important differences between the sites.

FanDuel
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, D/ST, K
    Half point PPR
    No yardage bonuses
    $60k salary cap

DraftKings
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, D/ST
    Full point PPR
    Yardage bonuses for 300 passing yards, 100 rushing yards, 100 receiving yards
    $50k salary cap.

For cash games (50/50s, head to head, double ups) you should be aiming for 120 points on FanDuel and 150 on DraftKings. Personally I tend to play 66% of my action on FanDuel and 33% on DraftKings, completely personal preference there though.

To sign up for FanDuel click here & to sign up for DraftKings click here*

*These are my referral links fyi. They'll offer both of us a bonus, however I want to make it clear that's what they are. Non-referral links can be found here for Draftkings, and here for FanDuel.

---------- Post automerged at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Week 1 lineups so far.

FanDuel

(Thurs-Mon) - 36% of action
    T. Taylor
    A. Blue
    C. Anderson
    A. Brown
    D. Adams
    O. Beckham Jr
    Gronk
    McManus
    Jets D/ST

(Sun-Mon Lineup 1) - 43% of action
    Bradford
    Anderson
    Blue
    Royal
    Beckham
    J Jones
    Olsen
    Parkey
    Jets D/ST

(Sun-Mon Lineup 2) - 21% of action
    Taylor
    Lacy
    Miller
    Beckham
    J Jones
    Adams
    Olsen
    Parkey
    Panthers

DraftKings

(Thurs-Mon Lineup) - 71% of action
    Bradford
    Cunningham
    Miller
    Adams
    A Brown
    Cooks
    Gronk
    Bennett
    Jets D/ST

(Sun-Mon Lineup) - 29% of action
    Bradford
    Ivory
    Lacy
    Adams
    Cooks
    Landry
    Bennett
    J Hill
    Dolphins D/ST

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Fanduel team:

QB - T. Taylor
    RB - CJ Anderson
    RB - J. Forsett
    WR - D. Thomas
    WR - D. Bryant
    WR - D. Adams
    TE - G. Olsen
    K - D. Bailey
    DST - Panthers

---------- Post automerged at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Struggling with a draft kings lineup. Way under my cap, but no studs that have value I like.

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Get more shares in Cunningham this week, to anyone playing. Especially in Draft Kings.

Looks like Mason won't be playing which makes Cunningham the every down guy. Should have a high floor, even if ceiling is kind of limited by matchup.

4. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well, interesting week in DFS. Killed in Draftkings (up $600 on a $450 investment) with Bradford left to play in both lineups.

Interestingly got killed on FD which I'm not used to. My Thursday lineup is keeping me afloat and winning about $650, but I'm still down $200. My lineup that I thought was strongest for Sunday is in dead last across the board. My lowest value lineup has Jones left to play and sits around 55% in most. I think I'll break even on FD but disappointing to see how this has played out after an awesome Thursday. Still, that's why we diversify I guess.

Also, fuck James Jones. I should have pivoted off Adams the second that I saw Jones got signed. Dude is the biggest vulture.

---------- Post automerged 09-15-2015 at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-14-2015 at 03:05 PM ----------

Okay, so decent week 1 for me. Super initial roster on DK without any studying.

Foles
    Cunningham
    Lynch
    Beasley
    A Brown
    J Jones
    Reed
    Jennings
    Rams

Several things I noticed to start with, my TE is going against my Defense, not a situation I love. However, Reed got a ton of targets so I guess I'm hoping for something like a 8 catch 60 yard day for him with no TDs. I have Jennings as an RB and Jones as my WR indicating I think Giants will be up, but my gut feeling does not lean that way at all.

Also I'm completely going for a stars and scrubs lineup it looks like. However, I think that Foles + Cunningham is a sneaky stack since while I'm not picturing a lot of good runs for Cunningham against the Skins front line, I think some dump offs with long runs are a possibility.