1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Lord Gullible's first forays into Sig making.

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by Gullible, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    So, when I found myself asking Jon for another sig I started thinking, why bother him with this when I can probably do it myself, with practice.

So while he did in fact make me a wonderful sig I decided that I would start to make a few of my own, to see what it was like. These are the results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments, criticisms etc. are welcome.

EDIT: And another few just now produced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

3. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Yeah the one in my sig is Jon's so that is sorta to be expected, but yeah, I really liked that one.

4. ArseNick

ArseNick Fourth Year

You're pretty good!
    Your first four are average. Most of them just need a bit more content. But the two most recent are very nice. Although the orange one is well blended, it looks a bit flat, so take care of that.

5. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Thanks, I really dislike the first few I made, especially the yellow one but the next two were a lot nicer.

I got bored making the fiery one and just blended the layers together and added a bit of text.

My most recent one is this Prince of Persia sig, drawing heavily on Jon's tutorial although somethings didn't go quite right, i.e the pattern.

[​IMG]

It was also intended to have a lightning effect going on in the middle but when I added it to the picture it messed up the background and the render.

6. DreamRed

DreamRed Seventh Year

Nice work! The only thing I'd say is the contrast between the figure and background on the Prince of Persia sig is a bit low - makes it harder to pick out the figure from the background.

Maybe lighten up one of them to make your guy stand out a bit more, or start light on one side and blend darker. If you try the gradient tool in photoshop with one of the colour values as white, and set that layer to overlay then it lightens one side up a bit and alters the focus more towards the figure.

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

8. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Thanks for all the suggestions, it's too late now but maybe tomorrow I'll start messing with it.

9. ArseNick

ArseNick Fourth Year

No man, the Prince of Persia isn't looking good at all. No blending, poor lighting, and bad contrast. You should make a basic background in accordance with the dominant color scheme of the render, and then work on it with whatever effects you like.