1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Deal with a Devil by Silently Watches - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Paradise, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Title: Deal with a Devil
    Author: Silently Watches
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Fantasy
    Library Category:
    Pairings:
    Summary: She was an agent of Evil who regretted her choices. He was a child with a destiny too heavy for his shoulders. Is the Wizarding World ready for a Boy-Who-Lived influenced by a reforming Fallen Angel? …Probably not. NOT Harry/Lash
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11188292/1/Deal-with-a-Devil

Essentially, Lash after killing herself to save Dresden wakes up in young Harry's conscious. Theres only first year complete, and the author said there would be no more, so.

Whats here is good and will remind some of you of the early days of the Denarian Trilogy. Lash and Harry have a mother/son esque relationship reminiscent of Meciel and Harry. Harry in this is significantly less reckless and stupid however.

I really enjoyed it, had some fun moments of Harry practicing magic on his own and figuring things out through trial and error, and working off of missing information from Lash.

4/5

2. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I happened to read this story a few years ago while I was crazed about Dresdan. As the OP mentioned, this does have enormous similarities to Shezza's Denarian Trilogy, though from what I can remember it's probably better written technically. There is a shortage of good Harry Potter/Dresdan Files crossovers, but know that Deal With a Devil takes place almost entirely in the HP Verse.

4/5

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Just a note, it's actually abandoned rather than a complete story, despite the tag on ffn.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The first two years are complete and it actually ends on a somewhat conclusive note, like the end of the actual books in the series.

So while it's far from complete it still had an actual ending that I found satisfying enough.

The last chapter has information on whoever continued the story after the author abandoned it.

3.5/5 rounding down.