1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eater Harry

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Carmine, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Are there any decent fics, beside Darkness Within, where Harry becomes a Death Eater for any reason? Thanks in advance.

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Everyone's going to recommend Stranger in an Unholy land, but I'm going to beat them to the punch and say don't read it.

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Traitorous.

I actually need to re-read that sometime, to see how it holds up.

4. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

6. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I'm still pissed that this story was abandoned, it was truly great. Loved the characterization of Daphne.

7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

The Son of Darkness

Don't know if you have read this thing but it's somewhat similar to Darkness Within. It's a WIP and update rate is pretty fast too. Though the start is very slow, when I read the last chapter(50th) the plot had started to pick up.

Another thing, Harry right now is in 5th year so is not an official deatheater.

8. Damask

Damask Seventh Year

I'd have normally stopped reading upon seeing the first chapter title, but I went on and skimmed a few more chapters just for the heck of it.

It doesn't appear to get better. Nope, not recommended.

--

From what I've read of it, Traitorous seems pretty decent. The author relies a bit too heavily and conspicuously upon the infamous "Light vs. Dark" conflict and there are quite a few indy!Harry cliches, but the fic is probably worth spending an afternoon over.

9. Rapscallion

What can I say skimming few chapters won't help, I had to skim around 45 chapters when finally some good stuff came(or the smell of it). Author promised that things would get interesting in fifth year.

10. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

That's an awful lot of words to go through before 'good stuff', like 170k...

Skimmed a bit, read a couple random chapters, not impressed at all. And then I found out that the author 'wrote' several Hogwart's Reads stories... about 600k worth.... so not touching anything else they wrote.

11. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Rymrock's "In a Dark Time" is by far the best one.

12. Rapscallion

Isn't the story discontinued after three chapters? Or is it only three chapters long?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  13. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I think he's stalled on it. It's still better than everything else despite its short length.

14. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Read the first four chapters, it was bad; the writing was terrible and there were a lot of little mistakes. Nothing ever happens. I proceeded to read every 15th chapter and feel as though I know exactly what's going on: Harrison Riddle is charismatic, unrealistically rich, butt fucks Susan when he's 13, and most recently seems to be coming clean about his heritage. Dumbeldore knows exactly what he is doing and lets Voldemort onto school grounds. This all takes place in 200k+ words. It's bad, slow, and not well written.

On a side note: This author also has a "Hogwarts Reads.." series; what's the appeal of those types of stories? Also, who the hell has time to write about a million words in one year?

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You say that like you expect the majority of it not to be copy and pasted from the books.

16. Rapscallion

Thanks for pointing that out, never read that myself. If you want to know, I skimmed through first 45 chapters in around 1-2 hours.

And I must apologize for recommending this story, my only excuse : I was hoping that after the first 50 chapters things would get better, as the author had send me an convincing pm reassuring me that it would improve greatly.

17. Evon

Evon Seventh Year

I tend to only give authors three chapters to impress me, before I click out. There'd be no way I'd suffer through 45 chapters - even just skimming.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  18. Sooner90

Sooner90 Groundskeeper

lol wut?

Why the fuck would you recommend a story you skimmed 45 of? And btw, skimming 45 chapter is not really skimming. It's more like skipping the damn story. FAIL!

19. Redsayn

Redsayn Slug Club Member

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7179133/1/Shadowed-Malice
    Shadowed Malice is without a doubt the 2nd best Harry Potter fanfic I ever read (1st being HP&BWL). The action scenes are masterful, characters engaging, plot suspenseful and writing brilliant. I don't want to spoil anything, but I think you should know Harry is MORE OF A equal to Voldemort than a death eater.

20. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Can't get past the fact that James and Lily neglect Harry just because he isn't the BWL, tbh. Seems like a contrived plot device in order to make Harry a DEater wannabe.