1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

debugger's Challange #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by debugger, Aug 6, 2010.

1. debugger

debugger Guest

Not too sure if you accept Crossover's here..

Challenge for Buffy / Harry Potter Crossover:

Putting out this challenge has been interesting - I’ve looked at several others, and realised I might need to put forward more that a plot bunny (in fact, it’s almost required).

Note: As a student of physics, when I say ‘reality’ I mean what is normally termed ‘dimension’ - eg. “Harry goes to Alternate dimension”. ‘Reality’ is the more correct term, but I’m not too fussy, except when I’m writing.

So - Fire in the Night

1)Main Events should occur in Sunnydale.

2)Post-Voldemort - Harry being 17ish. DE’s are an option for introducing conflict. This has left Harry a darker person, though. Not evil, just…darker.

3)Harry has left England / his reality for whatever reason, or by accident / unwillingly.

4)NOT
    SUPER!!Harry. They take much from the plot, it seems. That said, I intend for Harry to be smart, but not genius level. Same with magical strength - good, but not 2000% above everyone else. He was, after all, ‘marked as equal’. So, strong, smart, but NOT super. His powers don’t ‘die out’ upon entry to Buffyverse. HOWEVER - being above the Hellmouth should have some effect, like 'corrupting' him, or similar.

5)Main Characters - Harry, BtVS characters.

6)“Power He Knows Not” -> Using ‘Love’ is optional, but not necessary. Harry's only 'cliche' (but done well, I would hope), outstanding feature is being a fire elemental - almost complete control, including conjuring. All forms of fire, really. When he meets vampires, this should generally be a good weapon. Again, though - don’t make life easy for him.

7)Harry should be able to operate well enough in the muggle world. Memory transfer of high school education / higher is an idea. Basically, he won’t stick out like a sore thumb should he be placed in high school.

8 )Entry to Buffyverse should occur most of the way through 1st season or around beginning of 2nd.

9)Genre(s): Adventure/Action mainly, but romance is all good too - just don’t turn it into a tree. Sappiness is good in small doses. Very small. Pairings - With Buffy, or Willow. Multiple partners is a no, unless it’s a knowing relationship - NO SLASH. Though going through multiple relationships is fine, HP hopefully will settle.

OK - those are general guidelines. For plot, I’m thinking that at first, following the BtVS storyline is good, but having Harry there should change things - think a ripple in a pond. More evident as time goes by.
    As the story moves on, the effects of a darker Harry and living on the Hellmouth should show - probably one of the bigger conflicts in the story. Developing relationships.. well, I’ll leave them to the author, but again - no slash.

As this is really my first challenge, I’m happy to hear criticism. But - be slightly gentle. And, in the spirit of the whole ‘remember English and Grammar’ thing, try not to abbreviate things - it won’t mean much to me, and won’t help me make things better.

Cheers,

debugger