1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Decent Naruto/Bleach Cross

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Cxjenious, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I've been reading True Warriors Never Die, and it's really bad, but it's still better than a lot of other stuff I've read, awkward story-telling aside. This is a fairly common cross, but I haven't really found any that I can call 'good'. Has anyone else had any luck?

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Cracked Mask
    Hueco Mundo; home of vicious and horrendous souls called Hollows. Then HE became one of them. Naruto will prove that even as a Hollow, life is determined by one's own beliefs, and shake the foundation of the spiritual world as a result. Naruto/Bleach fic

Seireitei no Jinchuuriki
    Naruto was often concerned about the impact he'd make in his lifetime. However, he never thought that he'd be making an even greater impact in the afterlife. Watch as our hero takes on a whole new challenge; being a Shinigami. Naruto/Bleach. DISCONTINUED

These are the best I've ever found, and they're both by the same author. It's been a while since I've read either, so there may be some nostalgia goggles here, but IIRC they're pretty good.

The first is Naruto ends up as an Arrancar and he goes around being Naruto, ie having an emotional impact on the people he meets and changing them for the better. There's a few "balance" issues, wherein the Bleach protagonists get sidelined a lot in favor of Naruto characters (Sakura and Shikamaru are Shinigami here), but the storytelling is pretty damn solid and the characterization is quite good. It's also complete. The author said there was supposed to be an epilogue and so never flagged it as finished, but it never actually came out. The story is wrapped up quite nicely though, and I remember the ending being fairly powerful.

The second I honestly don't remember very well- I haven't read it since it was last updated in 2009. I just remember that I enjoyed reading it. I think Naruto ends up a Shinigami in the 10th division and Matsumoto is a pretty strong secondary character, but everything else is a blur.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  3. Cyrogen

Cyrogen Second Year

To Fulfill a Reunion
    Time never once stopped, and life was ever-changing. But his loyalties didn't falter, and his determination never faded. Because it was a promise, and he'd planned to keep it- even after death. A Naruto-Bleach Crossover fanfic.

Beyond the two Agayek mentioned, I remembered enjoying this one. Dropped it around chapter 6 after the author went on a long hiatus and haven't looked at it since.

I really don't remember this too well, but I recall that it was written decently and was interesting to read. I don't remember the plot whatsoever beyond Naruto being a Shinigami and somewhere in the 13th division. I think it also jumped straight into Bleach cannon.

It fits the bill if I remember correctly.

4. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

5. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That one is confusing as all fuck though. It's worse than his HP/Naruto one. Disjointed, jumps all over the place and assumes you know what the author is thinking.

6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Annoying as all hell but I still found it interesting. Wouldn't mind an update but it looks dead.

Tangled in Death
    At Naruto's death, a Shinigami arrived to ensure that the Kyuubi was properly withdrawn and sent to hell. Of course, this being Naruto, it doesn't go as planned. NarutoBleach Crossover.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Chapters: 9 - Words: 35,094 - Reviews: 250 - Favs: 550 - Follows: 676 - Updated: 09-27-07 - Published: 08-17-07 - id: 3730720

7. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

The pickings are slim to none. The stories have potential, but none of these author's execute very well. Well, those that I've read so far.

8. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Think I remember that one its a Naruto/Nanao fic.

9. gullibleoats

gullibleoats Seventh Year

This is abandoned, I think. It's also not so much a cross over as it is Naruto having a Bleach sword.

Crimson-Edge by Case13.

It's a nice way to pass the time.

10. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

IIRC, that's technically not abandoned. Case13 just has the universe's worst update schedule, and gets really pissy when people ask him about it.

11. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

That's an oldy, but I haven't read it in a while. Thanks guy!

There's one story in particular where Naruto was the Segundo Espada...anyone familiar with that fic? I can't remember the name.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013