1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Destiny Reversed by chattypandagurl - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Ragon, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Title: Destiny Reversed
    Author:chattypandagurl
    Genre: Alternate
    Suggested DLP: Alternate
    Summary: One morning Harry wakes up in a different world. His parents are alive and Neville bears the scar. Things are different and Harry starts to like that the weight of the world isn't on his shoulders. Unfortunately Neville may not be able to bear that weight
    Link: Link

Yes I must do it it is H/G but it is very much in the back ground and rarely brought up. Its not GRAND but its not bad either.

EDIT: Links Help - Vash

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2007
  2. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

*whistles* a link would be nice.
    Though it is a decent story if i remember correctly.

3. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

It's okay...

If this is the one where he has a sister named violet, the original lily, and a continuously shy hermione... its taken a dive a few chapters ago.

Very angsty now.

Although points for being one of the few alternate universe fics that still updates.

I think there's only one other that isn't slash, that is finished.

That one was kinda crappy.

3.5/5 (if this is the same fic... I'm to lazy to search for it...)

4. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

Mm, I remember this one. Angst is predicted, from what I remember, his mom got killed after he just began to know her. Angst is ok in this scenario, as it has a good chance of vanishing later.

Ok yeah, and http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2507697/1/
    Linkage.

5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Im sorry about the link for some reason I always forget the link.

and yes it is the one with Violet.

6. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I followed it for a while, but then I lost my interest - rather in the whole genre than just in this story.

It is a decent story with an interesting plot, several Death-Eater battles, but later it becomes uber-constructed, i.e. Lily's death is ok, but then something happens with her ...

It also includes the Horcruxes and eventually Harry and the enlarged gang go on scavenger hunt.

As far as I remember the fic I rate it 3.5/5

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  7. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I enjoyed this one. The view of adult Marauders was engaging. Lily and James are adult versions of themselves, and I can see people here that I would like to know. A sane Sirius is a fascinating thing. The other characters are just as reasonable.

The differences caused by Halloween '81 make sense.

4/5

8. kalespr

kalespr Fourth Year

I can't really say how well this has aged, as I'm not that well versed in AUs, however, I certainly enjoyed reading this story. It's been complete as of ~2008.

I feel that the story starts with a very canon Harry, but throughout, he grows from a "teenager aged beyond his years", into a genuine adult.

He's still got the angst/complaints of canon harry (though I do not feel that this story goes overboard with the angst, I found it to be at an acceptable, and believable level), but he has an inner strength that canon Harry never really quite reached.

I also enjoyed the characterizations of the Potters and Friends, which is not something I can say about most other stories I've read involving them. The only thing I didn't like about the author's characters was a distinct lack of individuals to hate (ie villians). There was Voldemort, and Bella, and that's about it. Nearly everyone else did something to make them at least a little likeable.

My only real complaints of the story is the way the last quarter or so didn't feel as well done, and the Final Battle was a bit of a let down. Even so, I enjoyed this better than the REAL book seven.

I give it a 3.5/5 (rounded up to 4).